Substitute piston/rings for 66cc/80cc China engine (47mm bore)

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoned man hey? I own my own stonemason business,
My wife tells people like you to sweep the floor hahaha

What I have figured out is your a complete moron with no idea what your doing
Your what we refer to as a magazine mechanic, a NARMA
“Not a real mechanics Arseh*&$”
I wouldn’t even give you a back yard title yet lol

Did you buy the rings yet?...when you find out they don't properly fit the stock piston look in the mirror when you say "moron" because you'll be looking at one.

Go play with your rocks...I'll continue building motors like I have been since I was a teenager and a mechanic for over 25yrs you stupid ass.

If your too f'n stupid to know what a ring land is and those rings not the proper size to fit them (on a stock piston) maybe you should sweep the floor at the local performance shop...maybe they will teach you something.

Welcome to the ignore Button ass hole.

Last edited:
I have a 66cc engine apart and measured then checked the ebay add and the rings described are 47mm bore 2mm thick the same as stock on my engine.

They ARE 47mm...They ARE 2mm thick but they aren't deep enough "width" to properly fit inside the ring grooves ( proper terminology is ring lands) and if you use them on a stock piston your rings will likely flutter extremely bad...possibly breaking and destroying you're motor....if you want to try it ,you go right ahead and do it.

Last edited:
I didn't see any reference to depth of ring so unless someone bought one how would know.

rings arent meant to be deep enough to completely fill the lands, and land depth has no bearing on ring flutter. the thickness of the ring does.

*wishes he had a quick action 100 tonne press to try his hand at making forged pistons...*

*remembers his friend had a quick action press but sold it*

*contemplates going and seeing his friend for a catchup*

rings arent meant to be deep enough to completely fill the lands, and land depth has no bearing on ring flutter. the thickness of the ring does.

*wishes he had a quick action 100 tonne press to try his hand at making forged pistons...*

*remembers his friend had a quick action press but sold it*

*contemplates going and seeing his friend for a catchup*
You can't cast them? What about extruded aluminum? Certainly a suitable alloy could be found in a close diameter...

You can't cast them? What about extruded aluminum? Certainly a suitable alloy could be found in a close diameter...
course you can cast em...its just dodgy. forged is better.

good luck finding hi silicon piston alloy extrusion...that will still need to be forged to correct shape.

whereas you could chat to a few people at the local race track and walk away with tonnes of ruined wiseco/wossner pistons....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back