Suck at search

Local time
4:13 AM
Why is it, whenever I come to these forums, I can rephrase 100 ways from Sunday, and still never find the answer I'm looking for? Current example. I ride a 53cc 4 stroke and recently pulled the air cleaner. So doing I broke the seal: carb/intake/motor. This is during a swap from my old frame to a new bike, so there were many changes but few that were deeper than the carb.
Bottom line, motor ran great right up to the point I broke the frame on my old cruiser. Now, runs like.... Well, let's say "not great". Stumbles and coughs off idle and won't run past maybe 1/2 throttle. I suspect an air leak but can execute no search with any diagnoses help with this problem. And I've tried maybe 10 times or more.
I used to run a CG 2 smoke, and that was rife with airleaks, and this "feels" the same.... kinda.... But 2 vs 4 idk.
Please, somebody help😒

What do ya mean? "broke the seal: carb/intake/ motor"

4 stroke stumbling causes
Dirty fuel filter or clogged fuel line
Fuel air mix adjustment off
Dirty carb jets
Needle clip wrong position
Float height
Intake leak
Compression leak
Valve lash
Weak spark

I suspect an air leak but can execute no search with any diagnoses help with this problem.
Please, somebody help😒
Spray carb cleaner or brake clean around the suspected intake leak area and see if the motor idle drops or stalls. If it dose you found the intake leak

The search feature is pretty basic. We used to run an enhanced search but I have to install a plugin on the server to make it run again. Other than that I'm looking into a Wiki plugin so we can collaborate on threads and put some how to guides together.

Try using Google site search It's probable that it's better
EG:
Code:
site:https://motoredbikes.com/ carburetor leaking air
site search.png

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know about the carb cleaner truck.... Just hadn't thought of it.
One other thought... What's up with the hose from the case to the back of the air filter? Crankcase ventilation im guessing? I really had to hack up my air filter housing to for this build. That can't be THAT critical.... Can it? 🙃
Oh, and Darwin? Wrench? Get a room. LOL

Back