Sudden loss of power.

Thanks on both counts guys. I guess the auto zone here has had too many thefts, because they only loan tool with a big deposit unless you are in the parking lot, lol.

That is definitely an option. Although it is one I am not all that enthusiastic about with the hills here in Arkansas.

Inspectorcritic, you have me whipped on altitude. I'm going to see if any of my friends around here have one. If not, I'll limp it to auto zone after I install my new gaskets. Limp meaning remove the chain and pedal because it's easier without engine drag, it weighs enough as is. lol.

Inspectorcritic, you have me whipped on altitude. I'm going to see if any of my friends around here have one. If not, I'll limp it to auto zone after I install my new gaskets. Limp meaning remove the chain and pedal because it's easier without engine drag, it weighs enough as is. lol.
Good luck.

I went and bought copper to make a new head gasket today after realizing that the gasket kit I ordered has another aluminum head gasket. I've seen enough bad reviews about the aluminum ones to avoid them wherever possible. I'll keep it as a back up, but I have enough copper to make 3 new gaskets and maybe even 3 new exhaust gaskets as well. We shall see. Tomorrow I will pull the engine and get to work on it.

Back