Suggestions on building an engine.

GreasyChris

Local time
7:22 PM
So I recently completed my first build and because I live in Canada getting parts isnt that easy and usually involves waiting for parts to come from the US or China. Well I dont like waiting much so when I would buy stuff I would buy multiples so that I would have lots of spare parts. Turns out I have enough to build a couple more engines. I'm just looking for some suggestions. I have 3 different cranks a JS50, ZAE50, and a ZAE80. I also have a couple ZAF60 rods. I have a steel sleeve 40mm jug and new style G4 aluminum 40 mm jug. My thoughts were using the steel jug on the zae80 crank and the G4 jug on the JS50 crank. And then try one of the zaf60 rods on the zae50 crank. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm off of work with an back injury so I got tons of time to play around and experiment lol.
Thanks.

nobody replied in good time lol.
from what I've been searching so far ZAE50 rod is used in 32mm 6mm stud engines and uses a high piston (type B) so I'm pretty sure that rod is the long one, but can you match up the rods side by side or measure to see which is short? better for lighter weight.

probably does not matter as long as a short rod + low type A piston, or long rod + B piston

oh I found a 38mm crank then with the short JS50 rod. answered my question. so happy now bcs I didn't want the 40mm stroke crank just to get a short rod

Back