Sun Crusher 'Fat Wheel' 7-speed motorized?

If you ever venture to a real bike shop it is amazing what you can find when you do a lot of business there and the owner starts stocking things you might want to buy because they understand what you do with them.

Try Me Bicycles around the corner got me today.
They had a Sun Fat Tire bike for months, still do I think, but the old models had a suckey 2-speed kick-back rear hub and no hand brakes.

Today when we went shopping for just a couple little parts and maybe a mountain bike to put the electric kit I have on, we spotted it...

A Sun 'fat tire' bike with front and rear V-brakes, and a simple 7-speed twist rear!

SunCrusherNewR-1280.jpg

SunCrusherNewL-1280.jpg

Ya, $584 out the door for the bike, but with the proper engine and drive train it can be one heck of an off road (beach like) or city riding bike, and though I'm sure there are some examples before this Crusher design, this one might be pretty cool once I decade on what power plant and drive to use.

I have every power plant type and drive parts sitting right here.
I'll look, fit, play with math, then I'll decide what system best fits this particularly fun looking thing to motorize.

Don't you just frigg'n love it when you can do stuff like this?
I sure do ;-}

Stick a fork in the beast, he's done.​

SunFat66cc7sR-1280.jpg

SunFat66cc7sL-1280.jpg

SunFat66cc7sLrear-1280.jpg

5 cables and the kill button wire from the handlebars but he buttoned up nice I think.

SunFat66cc7sRF-1280.jpg

SunFat66cc7sLfront-1280.jpg

This is like a Monster Truck motorized bicycle for adults only.
It is big and heavy but with all the 66cc Skyhawk engine mods and SBP shift kit it has all the power it needs and a frigg'n joy to ride with just 18# of air in those big fat tires.

I'd like to keep it because it's soo cool and fun to ride but I have a much more expense 'box of parts' to build to ride next.

My big (6' 220#) mechanic / best friend absolutely loves this bike.

He took it out for over 2 hours test riding it yesterday and snapped a few pictures of where he rode it which was up a pretty steep local trail with dirt/gravel/shale under him...

SunFatDirtL-1280.jpg

SunFatDirtBack-1280.jpg

SunFatDirtR-1280.jpg

And then he hit the park...

SunFatGrassL-1280.jpg

SunFatGrassR-1280.jpg

Note that those fat tires didn't even leave a mark on the grass.
You could ride this thing on a golf course and not do any damage, but it's not very practical as a golf cart ;-}

I don't have easy access to sand but I'd bet he floats right over that as well.
All in all a really fun bike if you put enough power in it.

Got a back flat.
The tubes are cheap ($13) but those tires have a steel belt on the lips and tough to get off and on, but that's what you need when you want to run just 10 pounds of air.

Want to motorize a Sun Baja Cruz, formerly called Crusher, just like the one pictured

Dear KC, and everyone. The 1st question I have b4 proceeding any further with this form, and/or the purchase of the bike is...is the frame on that bike actually chrome plated, or painted silver, and the company calls it chrome in their description of it? That's all I need to know, for starters. Thanks.

Back