Sunlite single spring fork quality??

Hard work keeping up with all these new standards they keep coming out with. ;)

Yes, that sounds fine. :)
Don't forget the ID tapers in at the bottom. :rolleyes:
Cool! Thanks for the info. It's much appreciated. I've already ordered the 22.2 stem. I should be able to trade the 24.5 stem for handle bars or something at my local bike shop. I'll order the fork from Niagara next month. :)

I see that in the Sunlite dimension specs, the steer tube is 22.2 ID. My quill stem should be 22.2 as well, correct?
I purchased, online, a stem thinking that the 25.4 measurement was referring to the handle bar clamp ID, but it was actually referring to the quill. So, the new stem is too big for the fork I'm replacing. It looks like the head tube and head set for my bike require a 25.4 OD steer tube with an ID of 22.2, and a quill stem with a 22.2 Diameter. Is that how this fits together?

Thanks
OK here's my answer to this mystery. How about you measure the OD, ID, and length of your steer tube. look to see if it is or is not threaded Then order one that fits.
Generally a threaded steer tube will be 1" and use a quill. Generally a threadless steer tube will be 1 1/8" and use a stem. The key word here is generally, not always, generally.
You can narrow down generally to exactly because you have both your bike and your forks. For all we know you could have a tapered steer tube.
Don't order parts by what someone with limited info as to your needs tells you. Not trying to be a dick, but if you can't figure it out go to a bike shop or someone who knows their s**t about bikes, show them what you got, tell them what you want, then spend your money. You can do this here, but you have to show us what you have with some numbers for a answer.

Thanks for the input guys!
My new stem came in today, it fits. I’ll certainly keep Gary55 advice in mind and consult my local bike shop before spending any more money.

Don't know if you ordered one like this, but if you did they usually put the rubber buffers in wrong. Put it together like this so the nuts don't clang down onto the top bracket every time you hit a bump.View media item 60781

Don't know if you ordered one like this, but if you did they usually put the rubber buffers in wrong. Put it together like this so the nuts don't clang down onto the top bracket every time you hit a bump.View media item 60781
Thanks for the info!
Right now I’m looking at the single spring fork. But, I have been trying to imagine how this one would look on my bike.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Says 4 left , probably not enough demand, or not known enough. Looks just like the old original Monark fork i have, got off Ebay

If you want a good springer fork, buy the one I showed you. If you want a piece of s**t, buy the type you keep showing us. It's not rocket science dude some things are just better than others. Buy a vowel.

Back