Sunlite single spring fork quality??

jeffh

Local time
2:30 AM
I want to buy a single spring fork and would like to know what the general consensus is for Sunlite.
Is it a stable fork or does it turn into a wet noodle at 30mph?
I did a quick search but came up empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Not a single person on this forum has ever had this fork on their MB!?!

Looks like I’ll be the first. I’ll let you know how it works out.

I have one one my 80cc build and I've had it up 47. They're not bad but there sure are better ones!

I have one one my 80cc build and I've had it up 47. They're not bad but there sure are better ones!
Alright! Finally someone who’s used one. Thanks man.
I’m not sure my bike will hit 47mph, but it’s good to know that the fork can handle some speed.
What are the better brands? Could you recommend one?

I have never had any issue with it. Obviously you don't want to be hitting pot holes, regardless of what fork you have. You should be fine.

I have never had any issue with it. Obviously you don't want to be hitting pot holes, regardless of what fork you have. You should be fine.
Great!
That makes me feel better about getting one. I was thinking that if it flexes more than I’m comfortable with, I could have the legs that connect to steer tube made out of stronger metal.

Great!
That makes me feel better about getting one. I was thinking that if it flexes more than I’m comfortable with, I could have the legs that connect to steer tube made out of stronger metal.
yea, worst case scenario, you can just add your own truss rods for stability. You should be fine though

Alright! Finally someone who’s used one. Thanks man.
I’m not sure my bike will hit 47mph, but it’s good to know that the fork can handle some speed.
What are the better brands? Could you recommend one?
Everyone has their own tastes, so I'm not knocking these guys preferences. I have had both single and dual spring forks.
I don't care for the single spring forks. You can feel them flexing while cornering. The springer on the bike shown was off a Nirve 53 and was one of the better quality single spring forks I have seen. Even it felt mushy and flexed in the corners. I have a friend who didn't pay attention to the one he had and the nut came off the front of the spring resulting in the forks collapsing and a broken arm.
For a little extra you can get a good quality springer fork that will allow you to install disc brakes and have a good solid feel in the corners. here is a place to start for the Sunlite monarchs.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunlite-De...5mmstack-Ht-/282510776297?hash=item41c6f457e9View media item 60724

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I see that in the Sunlite dimension specs, the steer tube is 22.2 ID. My quill stem should be 22.2 as well, correct?
I purchased, online, a stem thinking that the 25.4 measurement was referring to the handle bar clamp ID, but it was actually referring to the quill. So, the new stem is too big for the fork I'm replacing. It looks like the head tube and head set for my bike require a 25.4 OD steer tube with an ID of 22.2, and a quill stem with a 22.2 Diameter. Is that how this fits together?

Thanks

I see that in the Sunlite dimension specs, the steer tube is 22.2 ID. My quill stem should be 22.2 as well, correct?
I purchased, online, a stem thinking that the 25.4 measurement was referring to the handle bar clamp ID, but it was actually referring to the quill. So, the new stem is too big for the fork I'm replacing. It looks like the head tube and head set for my bike require a 25.4 OD steer tube with an ID of 22.2, and a quill stem with a 22.2 Diameter. Is that how this fits together?

Thanks
Hard work keeping up with all these new standards they keep coming out with. ;)

Yes, that sounds fine. :)
Don't forget the ID tapers in at the bottom. :rolleyes:

Back