Sunlite Springer Replica Fork - 26"

That is a solid looking fork and I may eventually get there, but for now I'm going to have to hold the costs down a little. So I think I'm going to give the Sunlite springer a try. Might go with the disc brake, I don't know yet.

I have a GT2 4-stroke 10G build coming up and using this springer

41Dajfop29L.jpg

It has disc brake bosses and getting a disc like the rear, the newest GT2 frames will take a 3" tire and have both V and disc brake bosses.
It's triple the price of the cheapie but twice as tough and actually provides some suspension.

Kc,
Is there a trick to getting this set up? I I think I need to adjust the angle in front but main concern is when I apply the front brake, I get a lot of chatter noise.
Any advice is appreciated.
Mike

Kc,
Is there a trick to getting this set up? I I think I need to adjust the angle in front but main concern is when I apply the front brake, I get a lot of chatter noise.
Any advice is appreciated.
Mike
I just split the fork apart and get the back fork mounted on the bike right first, then fit the front spring part with whatever spacers are needed on the top to make it fit.

GT2-10G-53-DoneLF.jpg

If it's right the lower connecting tabs should be close to level.

You can do this by adjusting the spring bolts.

GT2-10G-53-DoneRF.jpg

Then just cap the goose neck off.

GT2-10G-53-DoneHandlebars.jpg

Not the easiest fork to install, but that way works for me ;-}

Thanks. I see mine is exactly like yours. I would assume that the front potion of the front fork springer section should be actually lower to absorb bumps etc... I have it adjusted at its best and just like yours, a little shy of level but in the bad sude. I was hoping to get it more but I guess not. Either way, the bike rides incredibly smooth. Seems smoother than my motored bike.
Thanks
Mike

I just split the fork apart and get the back fork mounted on the bike right first, then fit the front spring part with whatever spacers are needed on the top to make it fit.

GT2-10G-53-DoneLF.jpg

If it's right the lower connecting tabs should be close to level.

You can do this by adjusting the spring bolts.

GT2-10G-53-DoneRF.jpg

Then just cap the goose neck off.

GT2-10G-53-DoneHandlebars.jpg

Not the easiest fork to install, but that way works for me ;-}

Hey KC... Bit of a thread dig here but I just got hold of a set of these. Wondering if you installed any nylon bushes in the linkages...?

Hey KC... Bit of a thread dig here but I just got hold of a set of these. Wondering if you installed any nylon bushes in the linkages...?

All good... Ignore me..! Just pulled the linkage apart and they are actually bushed with a bronze sleeve:)

Yes, for the money not bad spingers and they actually work.
Just shoot for getting the bottom connecting bars as close to level as you can by using spacers on the headset.

SpringerForkExample.jpg

Nothing to it ;-}

Last edited:
Back