Super hot Whizzer camshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenton Guenther

Vendor
Local time
12:54 AM
Just finished the design and production for the high lift "racing" camshaft for the Whizzer motor.

I enhanced the vintage Weber camshaft design and had them cut for both vintage and new edition Whizzer motors.

The project was undertaken by Jay Cruise and myself and although it has taken months to complete, it is well worth the effort.

In fact the first vintage version ended up in Jay's personal motor and the first new edition version will soon find its new home in one of my competition Whizzers.

The camshafts will soon be available on a limited basis.

I will release some of the specs as soon as I find time to degree them. Hope to post opening and closing of the valves, lift, and duration.

Have fun,

and all this started because I couldn't find a Weber cam for my 48 Whizzer. It has turned out great for all of us that need Hi Performance cams.

Average .193 lift. Version for vintage and New edition WC-1 motors produced. Must use mushroom lifters in New edition motors.

Have installed in several motors. Hits hard in mid-range and revs quickly to top end.

In order to get the camshafts re-ground, we [Jay and myself] had to meet minimum requirements in order to make them affordable, currently there are less than 2 dozen still in stock. We only did this to fill a void in vintage whizzer hi-performance parts [Jay was looking for a vintage "Weber" camshaft and couldn't find one], and not sure if we will have more made. We had to have some of the WC-1 new edition camshafts also re-ground to meet the minimum order, so there are still a few of those in stock also.

Due to the small size of the Whizzer camshaft, it is next to impossible to find a company with the ability to work on these camshafts. And even the vintage camshafts we had re-ground had to lose the center lobe [points pushrod] and requires converting to the much better electronic ignition system [Average price $20.00].

Have fun,

thankyou for all the quick replies .....Im considering buying an ambassador and wouldnt mind a better cam......doesnt need to be faster persee but cams are always fun.....i'll be calling soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back