Super spring

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
6:15 PM
check out this spring for tenioners i found hoping itll have some long life i keep stretching other springs out

Attachments

• My Snapshot_27.jpg
    My Snapshot_27.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 114
  • My Snapshot_26.jpg
    My Snapshot_26.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 82
check out this spring for tenioners i found hoping itll have some long life i keep stretching other springs out
I used 2 of harbor freights brand of springs from their multipack of compression and extension springs, needed 2 for good tension. The key to using springs without stretching them is to stay within their working length, any time you pull a spring further than it's supposed to be pulled it will stretch. That tiny spring can probably be stretched half an inch before it starts giving up its return length.

How are they stretching out? From trying to remove the chain or what?

just cruddy ones that came with the tensioner to begin with werent very good and i keep finding weak ones till this 2 pack i snagged off amazon their load capacity its 46.2 lbs meant for stuff like recliners and what not small trampolines

just cruddy ones that came with the tensioner to begin with werent very good and i keep finding weak ones till this 2 pack i snagged off amazon their load capacity its 46.2 lbs meant for stuff like recliners and what not small trampolines
Seems a bit overly strong but it should work, having too much tension can eventually pull the arm out of alignment, a 40lb spring is pretty hefty..

Back