Super wide range torque pipe from Jaguar is a technological breakthrough

Cool head! It looks like it has a squish band. Maybe the detonation caused by the stock head is what is holding some of these engines back. I didn't have a vibration at high rpm before, but lately I do. I'm not sure what's up with that though. So you have the Dellorto SHA 16.16 too? I also have it and I have or had a 35 tooth rear sprocket. As I understand, 7500 rpms + 35 tooth rear sprocket = 65 km/h. What is your top speed with that head and carb?

I made a simple calculation of velocity / speed just to add different rear sprocket size of this formula, it is 44teeth back

Simple formula to calculate the speed and rpm!

Motor Drive 4.1:1 = At engine 1000rpm/4.1 = 244rpm at front sprocket, 244rpm / 4.4
= 55.5 rpm x tire circumference 2.05 m = 114.2 m/min/60 = 1.9 m/s x 3,6 at 1000rpm = 6.85 kmh

6.85 x 7000 = 47.8 kmh, 6.85 x 8000 = 54.8 kmh.......... also further

4.4 is gearing front and rear sprocket as the sprocket Circumference tires, such as 26tum = 205cm

To get the rpm, you need a GPS or a speedometer whitch is calibrated

My top speed as it is right now about 74kmh, but it's not full throttle all the time

I made a simple calculation of velocity / speed just to add different rear sprocket size of this formula, it is 44teeth back

Simple formula to calculate the speed and rpm!

Motor Drive 4.1:1 = At engine 1000rpm/4.1 = 244rpm at front sprocket, 244rpm / 4.4
= 55.5 rpm x tire circumference 2.05 m = 114.2 m/min/60 = 1.9 m/s x 3,6 at 1000rpm = 6.85 kmh

6.85 x 7000 = 47.8 kmh, 6.85 x 8000 = 54.8 kmh.......... also further

4.4 is gearing front and rear sprocket as the sprocket Circumference tires, such as 26tum = 205cm

To get the rpm, you need a GPS or a speedometer whitch is calibrated

My top speed as it is right now about 74kmh, but it's not full throttle all the time

I am planning to repress a crankshaft with good bearings and special racing coatings and maybe even do some drilling to make the crank more balanced for higher rpms. I'm afraid to test it with real high rpms right now. I had one crankshaft break and the little rollers from the lower conrod end scratched up my engine pretty good.

Another thing that's very important to do when the engine revs up to 9.5 k, is to drill additional oil passage to the main bearings and use 4% oil mixture

Attachments

• tradera%2014032011%20044eeed.jpg
    tradera%2014032011%20044eeed.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Another thing that's very important to do when the engine revs up to 9.5 k, is to drill additional oil passage to the main bearings and use 4% oil mixture

Nice job! I bought some of these coatings. http://www.techlinecoatings.com/hi-performance/bs-internal-engine-coatings.html The DFL-1 drycoat for moving part surfaces, the thermal barrier stuff for piston top and inside of head and also some of the pskx modified wolfram disulfide lubricant. The first two are baked on at typical home oven temperatures. (don't use the oven for food again after that though). All this stuff is into the metal and stays there forever. Then they are rubbed down with green scotchbright and then the modified wolfram disulfide is added, rubbed on. It's the most slippery thing known to mankind and is used in the aerospce program. The engine will increase in horsepower and there will be no wear for a long long time. A motocross bike ran a race without oil in the gasoline and after the race, instead of being ruined, the engine was still like new with no signs that it had even been used. They were very surprised when they took it apart to examine it. Miraculous stuff.

lol, wolfram :giggle:

strange metal. eats tin like a wolf eating a ram... yet standard lead tin solder dont stick to it ? i know. ive tried :) cant melt it with an oxy torch either. plasma cutter? havent tried!

commonly referred to as tungsten nowadays.

didnt know about using it as a lubricant but... similar to moly disul in that regards. interesting.

at least i still got the fastest 48's without all this freaking around. pipe, jet, 60-65km average. easy :)

lol, wolfram :giggle:

strange metal. eats tin like a wolf eating a ram... yet standard lead tin solder dont stick to it ? i know. ive tried :) cant melt it with an oxy torch either. plasma cutter? havent tried!

commonly referred to as tungsten nowadays.

didnt know about using it as a lubricant but... similar to moly disul in that regards. interesting.

at least i still got the fastest 48's without all this freaking around. pipe, jet, 60-65km average. easy :)

Yes, 65 kmh seems to be where it's at....but....the question is how fast we can get there. Molybedneum and wolfram disulfide are similar, but wolfram disulfide was way too good to be allowed on the automotive market. They're thinking about building new cars when yours breaks some day. If you put on all these coatings and dont race the car, you'll get about 500,000 miles, maybe a million before the engine needs to be rebuilt.

Thats what we need to get into to be freed from all this economic slavery. We need technilogical heirlooms. Cars, trucks and bikes made from special metals and with special coatings that will outlast empires and serve many generations. And free energy too of course ;-)

And back to the 65 kmh question. So what about pooling our minds to create a motorcyclye-moped duty rear hub transmission with left side input and a mount for the bicycle gear cassete on the right? If we will have three or four gears to shift with, it will be quite nice. 100 kmh will be more than enough for our little bicycles and being able to have roaring torque at 2 miles per hour would be nice too =-)

I filmed this today on the way to the shop. Strong head winds, knobby tires, strong vibrations at top rpm's that have devloped recently. Anyway it's all thrill and I cant wait to get a reed valve in synergy with this pipe! Maybe I will bore out my SHA 16.16 to an 18 mm venturi too. http://youtu.be/F3gAYQ6z1UE

the night ride on the way home. I only have a blinking light on the back. I was working on my system of turn sugnals and lights in the garage today. I'll have it all working within the week I hope. Freaky because you have to look at each car knowing they probably haven't seen you until you get right up cloise. http://youtu.be/WJEHMw5OYq8

Back