Supercharged 2-stroke engine

Latest scoop- so i got the porting down to build pressure and she screams like no other got 3psi of boost at 61 mph with a 32 tooth sprocket on a 30" tire which is nothing like I have every rode before... little scary especially with only coaster brakes. got two healthy 10 min runs on her, all seemed well it was hot but it was not running lean or to the point where parts would fail. On the third run after about 17 mins in the piston basically melted to the wall of the cylinder locking up the rear tire at 25 mph in town scared the s*** outa me at first and then I had to laugh because I realized what really happened... while that was prolly the longest black mark on pavement left by bicycle i had ever seen, but in the end it was all worth it! Heres how I look at it, yeah I blew a bunch of spare time about $70 in parts and materials, but I had fun, learned some things along the way and have an excuse to rebuild my cruiser into a more chopped out bike with a new top end on the engine. Next time I supercharge a bike it will be with something much bigger maybe a snowmobile motor...... :)

WOW, what amazing progress in just one day! Can you post some pictures of your setup and the carnage?

Actually I have been working on this for a few weeks so all the machining had already been done and besides working on these motors is really really easy I had done test tuning in the shop to get it right and tore the cylinder off prolly at least 12-15 times before getting it where I wanted. Tore the bike down to the bare frame after it cooled down, took like 25 min for the s.o.b to get where i could handle it. Getting it ready for the next build on it going for more looks on this one rather than power.... already have the custom tank about 1/2 done

Actually I have been working on this for a few weeks so all the machining had already been done and besides working on these motors is really really easy I had done test tuning in the shop to get it right and tore the cylinder off prolly at least 12-15 times before getting it where I wanted. Tore the bike down to the bare frame after it cooled down, took like 25 min for the s.o.b to get where i could handle it. Getting it ready for the next build on it going for more looks on this one rather than power.... already have the custom tank about 1/2 done

You know, some people might say "pics or video, otherwise it never happened". :whistle:

Used 35 mm camera will post pics once developed and scaned sorry still a little old scoop when it comes to my slr camera

Picts video anything yet of the slasher movie?:whistle:

Attachments

• 903149.jpg
    903149.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 278
Heres the deal I am running nitro, I am running a tuned port exhaust or I would not be able to get proper resonance to get this engine to run,Ettore Bugatti builds 4stroke not 2stroke totally different ball game, I am running gasoline and nitro and syn. oil mix not diesel which is injected in at tdc. I have seen a thrown rod blow out of an engine. We were in a GEO metro doing 91mph down a hill and had a rod blow a hole in the hood when it came out the side of the 1000cc 3cylinder engine yeah it is a little scary but that is why i am testing everything before I release all the details of this build. I dont want others getting injured off of my design if they attempt to copy it.

I've run nitro mixes myself and bar easier starting and a couple of MPH difference it hasnt made much impression. So far as I know from my source the bugatti engine was a blown 2 stroke motor with a oil pump lubrication system and I have seen the plans and those bear them out (its a similar idea to the deltics and chrysler 2.0 motor).
Its not that I doubt what you are doing but there are better and safer ways of doing it, although those will cost money. This makes me think of the Napier Sabre H-24 - 3000hp on tap - but leave it switched off over a cold night and it would be more likely to bend its rods... than start.
If I tested one and it does what you claim then I would be very impressed. I would also be dubious at that point of putting on a bike if its topping out at 60mph... this is more like a baby version of the engines now used on the superbike racers... and as such more suitable on a motorcycle frame.

also it might be an idea to convert your bike to cantilever brakes running competition pads - because coaster brakes are NOT gonna stop you in a hurry under that sort of load.

If you are going to release this I would suggest that you dont release plans. I get the impression that you are a person like me - a perfectionist. This sort of tuning and fettling is not something for an amateur. It might be an idea to approach someone like STC or SPB where the relevant parts can be machined to decent tolerances at suitable production levels.

Jemma xx

Back