Supercharger for 50-125cc engines

CrazyDan

Local time
1:34 AM
Page-04-OPP-100-mass-manuf-01.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this before, so felt I should post it. At $500 it's way out of my range, but someone here might be nuts enough to give it a try.
http://s-charger.com/50cc-supercharger/

I'm guessing that this would not be an easy fit for my Grubee Gt5.

Would I have to seal up the crankcase and use it for oil like most engines and then stop putting oil in the gas

You would need to mount it after the carb if you don't wanna box up your carb and use a fuel pump that pushes out more pressure than the supercharger gives. You will need to put a pulley on either side of the motor, before a clutch. Best if the drive pulley is installed as close to the crankshaft bearings as possible, so it might be fun on a 2 smoke. On a 4 stroke, it's best to put the drive pulley between the flywheel and crank bearing, or attach to the shaft between the clutch and case bearing. You want the drive pulley as close to the crank bearings as possible, as it puts a hard load on the shaft.

Might eat up more hp than our lil motors put out plus explode the head.

They advise using the supercharger on lower compression motors. Think the 142/144f runs on a 7.4:1 compression ratio. It's designed for small engines. They include a graph for the compression ratio vs boost and what fuel to use to prevent predetonation. I'm pretty sure the huasheng motors can run 4-5 lbs of boost without needing 100+ octane fuel.
This noise calls me:
Page-04-Stock-vs-Supercharged-table_t290.jpg

Last edited:
On 1 HS 142f I had I put a pumper carb on it. It ran better than the float carbed model and the throttle was way more responsive. Can't say it was faster or more HP but it definitely ran better. The pumper carb is kinda sorta like a simplfied FI system. Those carbs can be had for $10 all day long on fleabay. You'll need one every year or two because the ethanol eats up the diaphram on those.

The inlet and out pipes openings are way too small for a 50cc engine. plus what Digital Life said about having a special carb or putting it ahead of the supercharger's inlet. Will the airpump be fine ingesting gasoline and oil premix as a steady diet?

I'd think one of those $25 BBT boost bottles would be better... Do those boost bottle actually apply boost to a 80cc?

At that pricepoint you can do a full turbo setup and make more power while being easier to adjust for smooth delivery. If it was like $250 it might be neat, but $500 is way too much. Boost isn't great for 2strokes but on a 4stroke it is awesome.

The inlet and out pipes openings are way too small for a 50cc engine. plus what Digital Life said about having a special carb or putting it ahead of the supercharger's inlet. Will the airpump be fine ingesting gasoline and oil premix as a steady diet?
It is plenty big for a 50cc. That nipple on the side isn't an inlet or an outlet, its just a vacuum reference port. The actual compressed air outlet that would run to the intake is 22mm across, which is pretty big for a 50cc. In their testing on a 50cc it cut the 0-30 speed by a full 40%(almost half!), that is a HUGE amount of power increase.

I'd think one of those $25 BBT boost bottles would be better... Do those boost bottle actually apply boost to a 80cc?
No, boost bottles don't really do anything on these motors. Supposed to balance intake pulse waves but all they do is mask tuning issues. No boost is created - you can't make boost passively unless you are using ram air and going ~100+mph.

At that pricepoint you can do a full turbo setup and make more power while being easier to adjust for smooth delivery. If it was like $250 it might be neat, but $500 is way too much. Boost isn't great for 2strokes but on a 4stroke it is awesome.

It is plenty big for a 50cc. That nipple on the side isn't an inlet or an outlet, its just a vacuum reference port. The actual compressed air outlet that would run to the intake is 22mm across, which is pretty big for a 50cc. In their testing on a 50cc it cut the 0-30 speed by a full 40%(almost half!), that is a HUGE amount of power increase.

No, boost bottles don't really do anything on these motors. Supposed to balance intake pulse waves but all they do is mask tuning issues. No boost is created - you can't make boost passively unless you are using ram air and going ~100+mph.
Thanks I was thinking that a boost bottle would help but wasn't too sure, I just ordered a 80cc with an extended racing carburetor on it supposed to Output 40 miles per hour@6hp

Back