Screenshot_2019-09-09-12-57-33.png
    480.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_2019-09-09-12-57-44.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-09-12-57-44.png
    235.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_2019-09-09-12-58-05.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-09-12-58-05.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 165
Hate to break it to you, but that thing does not put out 6 hp. Even if we are to believe the 2.2kw statement, it's still less than 3 hp. They claim a max speed of 55 km/h, thats 34 mph. That is also a 66cc, not 80cc engine.

Then why does it say 80cc? Which motor should I get? And whats the bottom end price for a 80cc

All of these china motors are 66cc but claim 80cc, it's just a quirk of the hobby. It's kind of like how hard drive manufacturers label a gigabyte as 1000 kilobytes where they are actually 1024 kilobytes so when you get a "1tb" hard drive, it's formatted size is actually 931gb, not 1024gb.

The cheapest you'll find full kits is roughly $80/piece if you're really lucky. If you buy in bulk (50+ units) you can get them cheaper but unfortunately Trump's trade war with China has caused prices to increase quite a bit. Expect to pay $100-150 for a complete kit.

The only motors you can buy that put out anywhere near 5-6hp would be from zedamotorsports.com who is a builder in Florida who takes stock engines and modifies them to produce more power. The customer service from the company is terrible, you will recieve no communication about your order and there is a good chance that when you get your order pieces may be missing (typically the gas tank) but at the moment, they are basically the only solid source of "higher than standard output" motors. That and they are the only builder readily offering some of the more exotic setups like the "frankenstein" steries which utilizes a stihl chainsaw jug and piston (7-10hp fairly easily) or the fairly crazy watercooled setup using an am6 head and a billet case that makes roughly 11-12hp.

Are Shark p80s any good or is it the fat head that makes a difference. Was looking at it and its a $379 set up... But in any case. How can I priduce more power. I hope that carb on the upgraded version I got will produce more power. I have a 49cc but wanted a bigger engine hence the thought I got a 80cc... But a 66cc is faster than a 49cc right?

I'm not familiar with the Shark p80, if you post a link to it I could offer an opinion. $379 sounds awfully steep and to be honest, it's probably a ripoff.

Typically 66cc engines produce more power than the 49cc variants and therefor should be faster. However, as with all things engine, it comes down to how it's built. A well built/modified 49cc would destroy a stock 66cc all day long, and vice versa.

All engines are air pumps, to get more power you must be able to increase how easily it can pump the air. So, for these engines, the easiest way to add a significant amount of power is through an expansion chamber. This is a specially tuned exhaust pipe that can increase a 2 stroke engines output by upwards of 100% or more. Sadly, with these engines there is only one off the shelf expansion chamber that is worth it's pricetag which is the MZ65 pipe that only comes up for sale about once a year. There is a copy called the CDH66/ZEDA88 which looks similar and is priced at about 2/3 the cost of an MZ65 pipe but it sadly is complete garbage.

Other than the exhaust, a higher compression head can increase power (and improve cooling), cleaning up and widening the transfer ports, intake and exhaust ports on the jug can dramatically increase power, and a better intake/carb can have a minor to severe impact on power depending on how many supporting mods have been done.

This one

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-22-31.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-22-31.png
    390.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-24-24.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-09-17-24-24.png
    352.5 KB · Views: 129
You can get the reed valve for $15.80 from aliexpress, 21mm OKO clone for $7.06 from aliexpress, cnc head for $39.66.

Those 3 items (and the $9 metal throttle vs the standard plastic one) are the only difference between that kit and your bog standard $100-150 kit. If you got those 3 items from a US seller instead it's approx $50 for the 'g2 reed valve', about $20 for the carb and about $50-60 for the head. Keep in mind with a reed valve you are required to run either a windowed piston or a 3rd transfer port. A windowed piston is the easiest and can be had for $15-20

Last edited:
i had the gt80 looked exactly same almost and sadly was crap great for a total strip down and upgrade motor tho

Attachments

• gt80-engine-desc-5_large.jpg
    gt80-engine-desc-5_large.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 164
  • gt80-kit-expansion-chamber_large.jpg
    gt80-kit-expansion-chamber_large.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 136
Your best bet for a decently priced kit on a budget right now without a long wait is the ported PK80 kit w/upgrades from BMW for $259. It actually has worthwhile upgrades that you would likely purchase on your own after a while anyway, and is a great motor with decent portwork from a guy who knows what he is doing.

It won't be the power of a zedamotorsports SSR or Stage2, but is ~$60-100 cheaper, you will get it faster, and comes with nice extras like the case mounted spring tensioner, NGK plug and boot, upgraded OZ mag, a jet kit to tune it, AND a CNC head. Probably a few other things too! Killer deal for $260. I do my own work and I personally don't think I could compete with that kit and make it worth my while.

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

I wouldn't spend money on the expensive race engines that still use chrome cylinders like the SSR since they are short lived trash and you are basically wasting good portwork on something that will only like 1500-2k miles on average. The new slevved G5 jugs are amazing and although they don't just bolt-up properly to a stock zeda triple40 bottom end they are a million times nicer than the stock kit jugs. Bet there is a market for someone to sell them pre-modded / already decked and ported for a zeda bottom end. I don't have the time myself, it took more time than expected to get mine working properly but MAN is it a nice jug and I am happy with it!

i had the gt80 looked exactly same almost and sadly was crap great for a total strip down and upgrade motor tho
I also got a GT80 before I knew any better. It was a turd, and mine didn't even come with the 3rd transfer OR a windowed piston so the whole reed box just slowed it down! I removed the reed, put a stock carb back on, then sold it on a Huffy as a stock kit with CNC head. Huge waste of money, but at least I reused the carb on my 2stroke test bike so wasn't a total waste...the reed box is only 32mm so can't reuse it as a normal reed but might use it to convert a motor to case reed.

Back