Sure wish Moto Morini would import this hub motor assy.

Sure wish Moto Morini would import this Hum assy.

The engine you are looking for is manufactured Morini Franco Motori who produces only engines. MotoMorini is a different company. The FM128 is a 28cc engine imported by a Pennsylvania company by the name of Herdan. Look up Franco Morini Kickbut Engines and you will find it. This is the engine I have and I am bvery pleased withit so far. It does not come with anything other than the engine and hub. So you will need to put together a parts package to run it. It has taken me a little effort to loacate all the parts i need, my biggest hurdle has been the 12g/.105" spokes. You will also need a heavy rim, I am going with an Alexrims DM-18 because it does not have any eyelets to interfear with drilling out the rim for the larger spoke nipples. I am useing a Tecumseh fuel tank and valve with chinese controls, but the stuff at 'thatsdax' looks good to. The people at Herdan have been very nice and heplful, they even sent pictures of a bike they have assembled with this engine.

JHarkins,

How quiet is it?

The right side of the hub accepts what type of drive from the chain wheel, single speed, freewheel or casssette?

Could you possibly post the pics Herdan sent you of their build and your's too?

Thanks.

Cassette. I'll be happy to post the Herdan photos and some of my own as soon as figure out how to make these things work. I've always been a 'Fold, Spindle & Mutilate' sort of fellow and computers are things I have had to grudgingly accept.

I understand. My typing teacher in school told me the only reason she didn't fail me was because I worked so hard at it. But she also said that if I ever came through her classroom door again for any office machine class I would be failed on the spot. It pained her so much to watch me for that year that she would never suffer another student like me again.

Back