Sure wish Moto Morini would import this hub motor assy.

O

OldPete

1633_morini_1.gif

http://www.morinimotori.com/eng/motori04_01.asp

Yes, it is only 23cc but would be a real boon for this type of tranport here in The States.
Many more ppl would get on their bicycles with one of these pushing.

I saw this Morini about a year ago and have never forgotten its sweet intent.
Moto Morini had some real racing success in the early post war years in the 125cc and maybe the 250cc class.

Moms 'n pops would ride bikes with those. In the EU, pedal assisted bicycles are limited to the pedal bike speed limit of 20mph within city limits.

Ducati made electronics, radios and cameras, pre-WWII. Post war, this was the engine that got them up and running again. Italy needed transportation and this little guy did it. It's a real collector's item now.

1633_Cucciolo_1.jpg

It is an OHV 4 stroke with pull rods to open the valves.

1633_Cucciolo_1949_1.jpg

A 1949 Italian Bicycle w/Cucciolo

Just for fun, I should ask a friend of mine in Greece to price the Morini for me. I doubt I would get much of a responce here in The States.

Indeed, it's too bad they don't import those.

I wonder what it takes to get one shipped?

Well it ain't no hot rod that's for sure but for inner city or college campus or any low speed need it sure is the ticket.

A 19 to 1 reduction @ 7k rpm = about 28mph w/a 26" tire.

This Morini is 27.7 to 1 reduction @ 6k rpm might see 18mph. Its max torque is at 3k rpm or 9mph. Just right for head winds or hills filled with pedestrians.
Might be able to smuggle one in if it were disassembled abit and called "parts". :D

The new Tanaka strokers are CARB II compliant, meet EPA tier II and they had to resort to a CAT in the muffler to do it.

This monster is not an answer to anybodies question. I give you the *drum roll*... Revo Power Wheel! A heavy spinning front wheel make handling slow and awkward.

1633_revopowerwheelgaspoweredbicycle1_1.jpg

Yep! The whole engine spins the front wheel. Sheesh! Some WW I aeroplanes used prop motors like that.

A German m/c from 1922 called the Magola Sport. It had hadling problems at speed (>30mph).

1633_megola_1.gif

Back on topic: That's why I fell for this tiny motor gearbox w/a wet centrifugal clutch. The power unit is the rear hub. A set of good spokes, re-lace the wheel and you're done. It's just too simple. *shakes head*

I always wondered if it was possible to stick the revopower wheel in the rear wheel, some workarounds would be needed, obviously, but is it possible?

Gotta put the pedal power chain some where. That Revo fills the drop outs pretty good.

Dude, that Revo wheel- the engine stays stationary and the wheel spins around it.

Ol' Pete said:
I saw this Morini about a year ago and have never forgotten its sweet intent.
Moto Morini had some real racing success in the early post war years in the 125cc and maybe the 250cc class.

Moms 'n pops would ride bikes with those. In the EU, pedal assisted bicycles are limited to the pedal bike speed limit of 20mph within city limits.

Ducati made electronics, radios and cameras, pre-WWII. Post war, this was the engine that got them up and running again. Italy needed transportation and this little guy did it. It's a real collector's item now.

1633_Cucciolo_1.jpg

It is an OHV 4 stroke with pull rods to open the valves.

1633_Cucciolo_1949_1.jpg

A 1949 Italian Bicycle w/Cucciolo

Just for fun, I should ask a friend of mine in Greece to price the Morini for me. I doubt I would get much of a responce here in The States.

Ha, that thing must fal plugs every 10 feet... :p :p

Back