Suspension fork on beach cruiser?

I have both. But I would hate tearing my Giant apart to see if they would work. I know, it would certainly be a lot more comfortable and smoother then the springers on my cruiser.

most mountain bike forks are for threadless headsets
most cruiser bikes have threaded headsets
you can buy mtb forks for threaded headsets
I almost bought one till I saw zev0's black springer at the spookytooth rally last month
man...those black forks look good on my Jaguar :D

If you look around you'll find some that you can buy the fork bottom then pick your steerer tube.

edit lol 2 months ago I had links to 2 places that sold them , think I can find one right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lou, years ago the local bike shop installed a Rockshox fork onto my girlie cruiser bike. It was an expensive option, also needed a different headset. That was one of the best things I did on the bike.

Now I'm trying to mount a front-engine onto my bike's suspension fork.:eek:

Interesting subject though.
I'de like to hear from someone myself whose done this cos i'm just about to do it myself & am wondering if i'm planning the best/simplest/strongest method.

Back when I rescued Rusty (& friends), from that yard sale...I put on a suspension fork, with a 1" threaded steertube, from a Next bike.
Nothing fancy or expensive. but I thought it looked kinda cool.
the fork lasted a few years, but finally wore out.

If you don't have to have the Best...there are lots of suspension forks, with threaded steertubes.
& I never seem to have a shortage of donor bikes.

Pedal power only
000_0456.jpg000_0425.jpg

Dec. 2003, No wonder Rusty is rusty!!
000_0254.jpg

all motored up, Nov. 2004
Rusty2.jpg 000_0503.JPG

sorry for going on about my history, with Rusty.

Back when I rescued Rusty (& friends), from that yard sale...I put on a suspension fork, with a 1" threaded steertube, from a Next bike.
Nothing fancy or expensive. but I thought it looked kinda cool.
the fork lasted a few years, but finally wore out.

If you don't have to have the Best...there are lots of suspension forks, with threaded steertubes.
& I never seem to have a shortage of donor bikes.

Pedal power only
View attachment 12893View attachment 12896

Dec. 2003, No wonder Rusty is rusty!!
View attachment 12897

all motored up, Nov. 2004
View attachment 12894 View attachment 12895

sorry for going on about my history, with Rusty.

Thanks man,i'm keeping a lookout for reasonable suspension forks with 1" threaded steertubes(in a workable length) but they only come with new bikes & second hand forks by themselves are rare.
I've got a nice pair of Rock Shox(Judy C's) but the steertube is 1,1/8" and it's pressed-on high tensile steel.
I'll probably finish up canabilizing the steertube on the 1" forks and put them on the Rock Shox but i was interested to see if someone had done it before me & what their method was.
Assuming i can't get what i want i'll go ahead with this idea i'll post pics.

BTW...i like Rusty.

Not hard to do at all. The hardest part is to find the right size. Do you know the tube length you need ? I may have one that will work.

Back