SUV hitch mounted transport

arbys

Local time
5:08 AM
I searched the forums and I didn't see anything so I'll ask it here. I'm looking for ideas to either make or purchase a hitch mount for my Whizzer. I'm not looking for going cross country just 15-20 miles. Any suggestions?

I searched the forums and I didn't see anything so I'll ask it here. I'm looking for ideas to either make or purchase a hitch mount for my Whizzer. I'm not looking for going cross country just 15-20 miles. Any suggestions?
Amazon search has many such as this for $115
91IwWYHTCAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I use the Hitch Haul with the bicycle stirrups sold separately. They also have an aluminum Hitch Haul.
The aluminum channel in the pictures is the ramp I made that hooks on to the side so I can push my 150lb Whizzer up on the rack.
I also use this Hitch Haul to haul other stuff when I'm not hauling my Whizzer

The orange straps to the car luggage rack are just extra added safety straps but really not necessary. Gives me a piece of mind
But they do help the rack stay more steady and yes I use a anti rattle hitch bolt
DSCF6418 - Copy.JPG
DSCF6419.JPG
DSCF6420.JPG

Pic of the bicycle stirrups that just bolt onto the Hitch Haul rack $34 for 4 on Amazon

The Hitch Haul Rack is $90
I have often carried a Whizzer and a bicycle with my Hitch Haul rack.
But I prefer just carrying my Whizzer right in the middle of the rack

Up to you to buy or make a ramp

DSCF6609.JPG

I also mounted a couple more tie down eyes in the middle so I can strap down two bikes properly
DSCF6610.JPG

Thanks guys, I never even thought to check Amazon. What words did you use in the search criteria?

Thanks guys, I never even thought to check Amazon. What words did you use in the search criteria?
"Hitch Haul carrier" for the Hitch Haul rack and bicycle stirrups

There a many different companies that make the hitch haul rack theses days and call it something else and prices are different too.

That M/C carrier try look up "Hitch M/C carrier"

Besides Amazon I think they have the Hitch Haul at Home Depot or Wallmart

I bought mine at RV Camping World 15 years ago

Back