suzuki 4.5hp 125

redneckracing674

Local time
10:56 AM
anybody got any info/experience on the 2 stroke suzuki 4.5 hp engine? i got one off a toro ccr2000. i had to turn the crankshaft down to 3/4. it has a 1 piece rod. guess how i did that! (hint it involves turning the whole block (balanced) in a lathe with a 16" bed clearence. anyway i got a 30 series tav, and am making an adapter plate. i think im gonna build a death bike. ive heard of people turning those engines to 7000 rpms. anybody running pedals and a torque converter? ill prolly die on this one boys

anybody got any info/experience on the 2 stroke suzuki 4.5 hp engine? i got one off a toro ccr2000. i had to turn the crankshaft down to 3/4. it has a 1 piece rod. guess how i did that! (hint it involves turning the whole block (balanced) in a lathe with a 16" bed clearence. anyway i got a 30 series tav, and am making an adapter plate. i think im gonna build a death bike. ive heard of people turning those engines to 7000 rpms. anybody running pedals and a torque converter? ill prolly die on this one boys
Tav units are for 6-7 hp and up and even then don't work so well until around 10 hp, 4.5 hp and 7k rpm is not much, we can easily get 6-8 hp and 10k+ from a cg engine.
Tav units will be hard to get dialed in on a 2 stroke with the engagement rpm needing to be so high.

Tav units are for 6-7 hp and up and even then don't work so well until around 10 hp, 4.5 hp and 7k rpm is not much, we can easily get 6-8 hp and 10k+ from a cg engine.
Tav units will be hard to get dialed in on a 2 stroke with the engagement rpm needing to be so high.
the engine was was fixed speed at 3000 rpms in the snowblower application. it made 4.5 @3000

the engine was was fixed speed at 3000 rpms in the snowblower application. it made 4.5 @3000
Can I ask? This engine is originally from a snow buggy? I'd like to find 1, what's it compared to like say a lawnboy 2 stroke push mower?