Swedish military bike

hi jol...welcome. if you need a hand with any of our features, feel free to get in touch 8)

azkronic said:
hmmm, didn't I see this in another place !!! haha
it's like deja vu all over again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Yeah I posted here first: http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=417 thinking I could post the second directly after with the links and pics, but it still said I had to wait.

Anyways this is me and I'll be motoring this bike:
http://surl.se/pictures/20075/43508.jpg
It's a Swedish military bike with a mountainbike front wheel. I guess I got a bubble in the rear rubber since I feel a bump, gonna replace both inner and outer rubbers from the original front wheel (it wobbled too much to use or repair).

I have plans for:
*8-speed mountainbike rear wheel setup to reach those high speeds and good torque (yes, will wear helmet at the testing)
*Full-flow silencer to both raise airflow and keep noise down
*Another air filter to allow higher airflow and keep the filtering good
*Bore up the jet to match the new air capacities

A friend had just bored up his with a 1mm drill (100 in jet size?), removed the tube in the silencer and well...it was his that made me want one :D

Have lubed up the bearings today and drilled for the accel cable, looked at some scrap lying around for exhaust material aswell

jol, i moved your post here so you wouldn't get lost at the end of someone else's topic.

i'm not sure what the problem is with the "upload picture"...your admin-profile says you're good to go, & since i see you can now post url's i'm guessing the pics should work too...have you tried making sure to resize pics to maximum 600 wide before uploading?

keep me posted, please.

augidog said:
jol, i moved your post here so you wouldn't get lost at the end of someone else's topic.

i'm not sure what the problem is with the "upload picture"...your admin-profile says you're good to go, & since i see you can now post url's i'm guessing the pics should work too...have you tried making sure to resize pics to maximum 600 wide before uploading?

keep me posted, please.
Guess it was me thinkin a day has passed when it hadn't :)

Hola, Jol!

Lotta' new folks here this week. I can barely keep up!
The Good Word must be spreading ..

Or gas prises are risin'. :devilish:

Well .. whatever your motives are, welome to the forum! :D :D

jol, welcome to the forum, it good to meet someone who knows what an old sow is.

The bike
Bild0007.sized.jpg

The box
Bild0006.sized.jpg

boxes
Bild0008.sized.jpg

Transmission, lube and secure threads with loctite
Bild0015.sized.jpg

you usually need to grind down the weld to make the connection air-tight. I used a 19mm outer 14mm inner oring seal, pushed into the carb.
Bild0014.sized.jpg

the weld around the flange had a leak
Bild0012.sized.jpg

I used automotive coolant hose to remove some of the vibration
Bild0017.sized.jpg

Bild0016.sized.jpg

Had to bend out the pedal a bit to make it clear
Bild0018.sized.jpg

needed to lathe out the center hole to 45 mm diameter
drev.sized.jpg

not very port-matched exhaust
portmatchatavgas.sized.jpg

nor intake
portmatchatinsug.sized.jpg

problems I've had:
top flange on the carb broke, used the oring to fix that
magneto was installed backwards inside out, making the motor ignite at the bottom dead centre :)
half coil plug stayed on the plug when I removed it once
the gas tanks reserve is the same as it's on, since there is no straw inside the petcock
the controls wont fit my curvy handlebar

planning to rebuild the intake and exhaust, aswell as the controls

feel free to steal the pics for educational purposes as long as I'm credited :)

Back