Switchblade build or fools errand?

You're going to have to buy the kit anyways for the hardware. Depends on whether it's worth your time and money to have a dealer in CA. GasBike and King's has a reputation of, well.... not exactly fast response if you have an problem with missing bits or faulty stuff. I don't know about californiamotorbikes reputation. Might give them a call and see if they can ship quicker.

Is it worth your time and money to drive to Nevada and buy HF 79cc engine?

Walmart online has this..XtremePowerUS 2.5HP EPA engine

Last edited:
You're going to have to buy the kit anyways for the hardware. Depends on whether it's worth your time and money to have a dealer in CA. GasBike and King's has a reputation of, well.... not exactly fast response if you have an problem with missing bits or faulty stuff. I don't know about californiamotorbikes reputation. Might give them a call and see if they can ship quicker.

Is it worth your time and money to drive to Nevada and buy HF 79cc engine?

Walmart online has this..XtremePowerUS 2.5HP EPA engine
Is a trip to Vegas ever really 'worth' the time and money? I wouldn't actually make the trip for parts only.

The Walmart motor is interesting- that seems to have a vertically oriented cylinder- free 2 day delivery- nice price. does any one know more about this?

The Walmart engine has a low oil ignition off feature which have been problematic if the first break-in oil isn't changed soon enough. You can bypass them. The Predator has ball-bearing supported crank and gets great reviews.

What the heck?- I cant find a switchblade for sale near me- like anywhere. There was one listed that I was going to look at- but then I was ghosted. I’m looking at craigslist, OfferUp and the Facebook marketplace. Will I be forced to buy one new? Any ideas?

Once you get one 10 will magically become available.
Think your just going to have to be patient and wait for one to show up on your searches.
Best of luck👍

Was looking for a Felt crusier frame for weeks. Bought a CDH Gt-c frame and within minutes a Felt showed up on eBay for less! Wtf, oh well.

Not sure what you want to spend or that but there's a few here in Canada maybe they would ship to you.

Thanks Chris- very kind of you- I would pay the 399 (are those Canadian $) for that black one- I don’t care about the three speed, but I do want the front disc brake. I have seen a couple down here that are in worse shape. Maybe I should look at this as a larger project. I may have to rebuild some parts and paint anyway.
And how tricky would adding a disc up front be?

Back