Switchblade build or fools errand?

I had an old english 3 speed powder coated a few years ago and the guy who did it said lab metal is the best but he also had the same success with the metal filled bondo provided it wasnt to thick. On the ugly welds I use jb weld to smooth them out and it sands well.

If you're real crafty, scabby welds can be filled with silver solder, not the flux core kind but the one where the flux is a separate paste.

:cry: my welds bring shame to me and my family and my cow. But in truth- I'm not doing the welding- that's a stunt double.
I was employed as Burley's tandem frame builder's tubing prep guy for a couple years. We often would cross train at other jobs on slower production days, like frame tacking (TIG) Main Frame jigged up welding (also TIG) and fork and braze-on parts (Fillet brazing..) so I have a bit of employment history with "nice looking" welds. But it's been years since I've TIG welded in training or production work.

I did build this nifty swing bike with our community bike shop's MIG welder..
62105028_2317942518292371_4645288764514500608_o.jpg
And we also build other weird things..
61713798_2310144662405490_2873614797864173568_n.jpg

It occurred to me- those pictures don’t show what’s actually been done- so here you go

Those welds aren't that bad looking, considering you're having to weld into a confined space, these welds are quite passable for their use. most of it is underneath the bike and you did a pretty good job of weld prep and nice fabrication.

Kudos to your stunt double!

Consider that in the mid to late 1960's, early 70's, Honda's motorcycle frames were heavily goobered and spattery. I never understood why enthusiasts get all excited about this era of Hondas, their frame's welding work wasn't great compared to Suzuki and Yamaha's.

Back