Switching to a BT80

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaGT34

Local time
6:33 AM
So recently I build a 4 stroke motorized bike. I got the Felt Faker engine from BikeBerry, there’s just one issue with this frame, it comes with one of those mounts that helps mount a 2 stroke engine kit.
12BAD532-898B-4119-A37E-CA90148284BB.jpeg

the 4 stroke runs fine but I’m starting to like the idea of not having to pull start the thing, I’ve been looking at a BT80 kit that comes with the electric start and it’s sort of growing on me. I really want to build a bike that has everything a normal moped/scooter would have I.e Lights, Horn, turn signals all of that. Since the BT80 kit needs a battery anyways I’m thinking why not get it and then figure out how to hook up everything else, of course as of now I have no idea how I’m going to manage hooking up those said electronics, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. My main question here is, since this frame comes with that little post that helps mount the standard 2 stroke kits, would a BT80 kit fit on it? It looks like the engine is a bit bigger than the standard 2 stroke kit so I’m not sure I’ll fit.
and a follow up question, if it won’t fit, would cutting that post off be a good idea? Would it weaken the frame?

Should be fine, just don't cut to deep. that seems to be an aluminum frame. At least all the ones with mounts were that I have seen. I'd cut with a nub left of the weld, and then hand sand or die grind it off. Wouldn't want to nick the tube, aluminum cracks easily when the edge isn't beveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back