Tachometer

I have one Whizzer flat-head motor that turns over 8,000

Tachometer may or may not work. It depends on the CDI, as the tack is fired from the CDI. If the tachometer is digital it won't work on the WC-1 Or NE motors. The ignition went digital on the Ambassadors & Ne-r models.

Have fun,

I was messing with fitting a car tach to my weed eater bike last year; if I atatched it to the spark plug it would run the tach but kill the spark. However it would work fine if the two signal wires were in parallel with the kill switch. That's all I remember. And that 13000rpm tach is supposed to be universal for motorcycles+scooters so it should be fine. IIRC some of them have a little wire that you wrap around the spark plug wire for signal

NER tach intermittent

I just finished putting my 2008 NER back together after replacing a head gasket. Runs fine now but the tack is now intermittent. A couple of times it started working by using the rear break. Can not find any wiring diagram for the tack. Does any one out there have any info on it. Only have a few miles on it as there are a lot of hills here and either the clutch slips or the belts do? I think I have the belts tightened, just waiting for the snow to melt to try it again.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back