Tachometer

peter nap

Local time
3:25 PM
I've started thinking (always dangerous) that I'd like a Tach om my NE5. Is there one available from Whizzer and is there a better place to buy one?

Thanks!

Yes Whizzer has one listed on the web site but it is temporarily out of stock. I was doing a little Google searching but I did not have any luck yet. Maybe Quenton, Bill Green, or MotorbikeMike will chime in here. They are Whizzer gurus. They may have one or at least know where to get one.

Jim

Whizzer Tach

Hi I wouldn't know of anyone, anywhere that would have a good aftermarket matching Tach.......BUT I have 3 or so of the Whizzer Tach's in stock

Mike

Peter,

I am out of the white face tachometer for the NE motor. Whizzer is also out of stock at the moment. Sounds like you need to contact Mike and buy one. I have used several different electronic tachometers on my Whizzer dirt bikes, but all have digital read outs, and look poor on a classic Whizzer.
Have fun,
Quenton

Whizzer just informed me the tachometers are in stock. I will re-stock them when I return from Dawson Springs, KY. I suggest contacting your nearest authorized Whizzer dealer if you want one. The tachometer is one of Whizzers top selling accessories, and is a "must" have item. Every new edition Whizzer I have is equiped with a tachometer. And just for the record my stock Ambassador will reach almost 7000 RPMs under load.
Hope to see some of you at the show next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday [May 22/24]. Rumor has it that Terry McAllister might bring his twin motor Whizzer [I have pictures].
Have fun,
Quenton

Last edited:
Will a tachometer like this one work on a Taiwan Whizzer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301003517023?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$T2eC16ZHJIEFHSr7Kl9KBSb0C0i1B!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJE8FJhPtiqOMBSb0C4E0CQ~~60_12.JPG

It sure looks like it has the same form factor and mounting scheme as the speedo.

This tach appears to have 4 wires. I looked at the WC-1 wiring diagram to see if it would work, but it looks like the tach is not shown on that wiring diagram?

.....yes I know the Whizzer flathead won't run anywhere close to 13k rpm :whistle:

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back