Tactics for really bad head cold?

Frankenstein

I've had a temperature of at least 101 for the last 2 days, feel like utter crap, and have to deal with the "it's too hot with a blanket and too cold without one" type of crap including swaying from still being cold with 3 blankets to being too warm without one multiple times when sleeping.. How the hell can I just really shake this before Christmas tomorrow? I have to go to dinner and can't be sneezing, coughing, and nose dripping all over the food and people. Even with large doses of Tylenol and ibuprofen I still hurt all over.. Taking a hot shower makes me feel so cold I can't brush my teeth since I'm shivering so violently..

Merry Christmas people! Hope none of yall are dealing with what I'm going through. To top things off I was trying to finish the brakes on my truck, messed up 3/8th fittings and 10mm, they are almost exactly the same size so while assembling lines I ran into needing to make multiple new cuts and flares to get a continuous line, had to reuse old fittings too to make it work because I was seriously done going back out to the autoshop. Also had a failed abs unit, it didn't let brake fluid to the the rear wheels, probably was driving around for months with no rear brakes lol... Explains a few incidents of skidding..

Ah oh boy, the holidays are a pain lol..

FurryOnTheInside

If it's that bad I think you probably have influenza, the flu, not the common cold. You should keep away from babies today (great! Lol) and old people (even better! haha) and take antibiotics immediately. You have pet fish? You might have some metronidazole for your tanks, it's the same compound and everything lol. Hope you do or can get some antibiotics soon so you can get well sooner.

Frankenstein

If it's that bad I think you probably have influenza, the flu, not the common cold. You should keep away from babies today (great! Lol) and old people (even better! haha) and take antibiotics immediately. You have pet fish? You might have some metronidazole for your tanks, it's the same compound and everything lol. Hope you do or can get some antibiotics soon so you can get well sooner.
Antibiotics.. For the flu... Uh.. Well no offense but you need to do some reading about how colds and flu are because of a viral infection, antibiotics only affect bacteria unfortunately so NO I'M NOT TAKING FISH MEDICINE!! I will keep it in mind though should the world decides to collapse and I get a bad infection and can't find anything with the pharmacies being raided.

Frankenstein

Oh wait it says alcohol can cause serious interactions and to avoid using it. Well guess I'm not taking that antibiotic can't risk messing myself up.

FurryOnTheInside

Oh wait it says alcohol can cause serious interactions and to avoid using it. Well guess I'm not taking that antibiotic can't risk messing myself up.
Yeah never take medical advice from some strange furry man on the internet, especially one as drunk as me. You don't want to turn into a fish! :eek:

Steve Best

Not much you can do about viruses, except for fight the symptoms and help the body's own defenses.
The big symptom is fever and yet chills, and also be aware fever can permanently damage your ability to have children, so: pack ice around where you are most at risk, your testes. Otherwise, sweaters and hotwater bottles everywhere else. I recommend a traditional hot toddy of lemon, ASA, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, rum and hot water. Not too much ASA but lots of rum. Call your mom and have her bring chicken soup, but drink more toddy than soup. Garlic is well known as an anti-viral, so put as much as possible in the soup, and wear a ring of it around your neck. Science has not proved it wrong! And most important, while you are icing your gear, in your finest Xmas sweater, waterbottles under your arms with Mom pushing soup on you, please take a picture and share it with us, so we can wish you better!

In all seriousness Frank, get well soon. We love ya man!

Last edited: