taking it up a notch...augidog goes pro

augidog

Local time
4:12 AM
well, well...y'all hung in there and the place looks great!

without re-hashing the politics, i'm quite proud to see we've made a difference...i see EPA-compliant happy-times on the way and i see industry leaders honestly listing engine size...it's good to see the consumer is still running the place & having a positive impact.

what have i been up to?

motorized bicyle racing!!!

dennis at Golden Eagle Bike Engines and i have co-founded the Motorized Bicycle Racing Association. we have a small site going and will soon have an official site with support forum (the MBRA forum will be for members only and will not be in competition with MBc)...the 1st "official" MBRA event will be participation in "world of speed 2008" at the bonneville slat flats in september. my personal goal is 50mph with a single-speed 32cc 2-stroke (gebe/tanaka 'purefire')

in an effort to further the movement and keep it going in the proper direction, MBRA will have strict rules for membership, the most important being EPA and C.A.R.B. compliance & a 48cc maximum confirmed displacement.

see the temporary MBRA site (in my signature) for more info.

you won't see a lot of activity from me here, but i felt it was appropriate to let y'all know what i've been up to...again, i'm proud to see MBc thriving, & i'm proud to have had a part in it's success :cool:

Last edited:
Great to hear! Hope we've all done you proud! I'm half way round the world im excited about the MBRA, the only way is up! thats going to be interesting, 48cc maximum, please please please say you are going to be videoing the action!!

Fastboy

hey augi

good to hear the projects going on.will you be enclosing your bike?very exciting.at least a 50 mile an hr fall ,, will just leave you dazed and scraped.if ya fall which you wont!cool:D

Welcome back Augi! Lots of neat tweaking gadgets for these Tanakas... you'll get your 50, I'm sure.:)

Hello, Augidog.
I think you left here just about the time I joined up. So we don't know each other. But I've seen a lot of your posts. And I was impressed with the things you had to say and your determination to keep the info here manageable.

It's good to see a new post from you. And good luck with the motored bike racing. (I think I'll content myself with being a spectator)

Glad to see your around the place Aug,we could do with your input.
New rules...Junior members have to make everyone coffee................2 sugars please. ;)

Back