Tanaka 40

softride

Local time
3:46 AM
Still waiting my kit
but was interested in anyones long term experience with this engine like reliability ,ease of starting,MPG, repairs and so on
Thanks
Roy

I use an RS35 4 cycle and a Tanaka 35 2 cycle.
They are both great engines but the Tanaka is way more fun it has a LOT of torque and feels smoother.
The RS is well behaved relatively quite and very convenient to just pull into a gas station with no oil mix.
The Tanaka is louder and it's a bit of a hassle because the mix but the RS is sitting on the floor in my basement and a the Tanaka is on my bike...despite the extra hassle and noise it's just more fun to ride with the 2 stroke.
I way 240 lbs and the 35cc has no problem pulling me up hills I'll bet your 40cc will just rock!
My Tanaka starts on the 2nd pull when cold and the 1st pull after warm....every time.
It is just as efficient as my 4 cycle and I have used it for 3 years....I really love it!

I weigh 240 and am waiting on a Tanaka 40 to have a little more get up on hills. Around town I ride flat but as I leave town for the fun rides there are some hills. I really don't mind pedaling to help but if it bogs down too much the EHO35 lugs too much.

Back