Tanaka and Tecumseh biker

J

jojo

Hi all , Im Jojo , I just went Motorbike mad and picked up a nice used Dimension Edge , rear wheel direct-drive TC300 powered bike for 225.00. The pull start failed to recoil , so it looks like Ill be looking for tips on that. I bought an old Sears Free Spirit for 20.00 and a clean Aqua-Bug 23cc on E-Bay for 180.00 , so Im off and running , your board seems like the next step , Ttyl , Jojo

So YOUR the person I have been bidding against! I missed the 4 stroke one. I am sorta a DE supporter too. If you dont have the centrifugal clutch, you really dont need to pull start it. Drop it and off she goes. I am waiting for a 1-3/4 inch roller for mine for some speed. Head down to the Rack em up section. Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

Thanks , ya , I was sitting in the basement with the first bug motor , looking em up online and saw one for sale on E- bay... and off I went! My girlfriend was so excited to ride the Tecumseh , its on a nice english 26 inch single speed! Its refined , she went across a parking lot like a bolt of low voltage lightening , funny! It seems the front wheel bug motors were used some , then when the original drive wheel wore out , they were sidelined , the E-Bay one is way clean has no rust , chrome is all intact , with a crack in the exhaust manifold where the first exhaust pipe was probable overtightened. the other one has all the stuff needed to make one perfect motor , then the other one will be a test dummy , which I can experiment with! Ive built big-block buick engines , small-block Chevys , these little engines time has really come , Im psyched to get at it!

Welcome to MBc. I looked at DE before I bought my Staton kit. I ended up buying the Staton based soley on the fact that their web site looked more business-like to me, and Dave was very helpful. The Kahunna seems to be very happy with his DE.

I "tapped " into the tanaka tonite , had my girlfriend turn the wrench , awesome! removed exhaust manifold , I have to say I havn t been this enthused since I put rubberbands on a fryin pan when I was 4!!!! I have alot to learn about engines , particularly the small fry variety , which hold so much nrg , its great too bee o be alive , gotta get back to da basics , ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarification

I just reread my last post in this thread, and thought that someone could get the wrong idea. I am very happy with the Staton kit. It went together very easily, and moves me well on a variety of terrains. Despite my blatant abuse of the bike and motor, it keeps purring along. I would easily recommend it to anyone living in a reasonably dry climate.

jojo said:
these little engines time has really come
how true. i'm happy to see ya here (hello to GF, too) and look forward to your input :)

welcome to MBc :cool:

Back