Tanaka T3300 T40000 Question

H

Hive

I removed the bottom protective cage and noticed blackish oil had accumulated on the lower rear "shelf" or backside. Not a lot, but enough to wonder.

Motor probably has 50 miles run time.

Am guessing it is from exhaust or post ignition gas but not sure. Too dirty to be from fuel spills/dribbles

It maybe coming from the fan assembly, as there are simply no leaks anywhere else that I can locate.

Any thoughts or answers?

Last edited by a moderator:
What fuel oil ratio are you using, it should be 50:1? It could be that the rings haven't yet seated; you need lots of run time to seat those rings.

Oil Residue

Yes, 50:1 per factory.

Yes, engine not broken in, but, where would that oil come from and accumulate on that cage?

Did fuel spill over when you refueled? Maybe it's minor residual...clean off and check to see if it does it again.

Oil in Tanaka Protective Cage

Yes, I left the interior screw off the cage unit and plan to inspect every tank or so.

I have only used one tank of fuel, so, like you indicated, could be engine is so inefficient the oil is leaking out of the very small opening where the exhaust pipe assembly hooks into the muffler toward rear of pipe, and dribbles down to land on the cage. If that is case, will seal that opening.

Back