Tasmania, Australia Motorised Bicycle Laws

i mean if its a real shop then you can probably just ride it, then if police stop you act dumb and tell police the legal service shop said you can ride it. you probably will get a warning
Your advice is dumb,

That is Victoria not Tasmania silly. Laws are very different according to service Tasmania
Did you read this?
There are two types of power-assisted pedal cycles approved for use in Tasmania that do not require registration for use on a public space and these are: 1. Power-assisted pedal cycle with an engine or motor/s that provides up to 200 watts output 2. A Pedalec. This information bulletin aims to provide some clarification into the legal use of power-assisted pedal cycles.
https://www.transport.tas.gov.au/__...dal_cycles_-_Information_Sheet_-_Dec_2016.pdf

200 watt limit. That's 0.26 hp! Can't ride on any road with marked lines or has a speed limit greater than 50kmp.
In other words forget it.

Next avenue to explore is can you register a home made motorcycle?

Very likely it would have to comply with ADR rules, so it would need everything a brand new commercially made motorcycle needs to be compliant.

Gee its lucky we have these laws, otherwise somebody might scrape their knee and get their feelings hurt.....

200 watt limit. That's 0.26 hp! Can't ride on any road with marked lines or has a speed limit greater than 50kmp.
In other words forget it.

Next avenue to explore is can you register a home made motorcycle?

Very likely it would have to comply with ADR rules, so it would need everything a brand new commercially made motorcycle needs to be compliant.

Gee its lucky we have these laws, otherwise somebody might scrape their knee and get their feelings hurt.....
The government knows best....

you know, I'm SOOO glad they got this DANGEROUS CRIMINAL traveling at a SUICIDAL SPEED OF 22MPH :eek:

and NO REGISTRATION :eek: he should be hanged!

Thank God I live where cops don't give a crap about stuff like this, I'm guessing this guy is gonna pay around 2k in "fees" while there's some armed robbery in progress.

200 watts is about 0.26 hp. Thats one quarter of one horsepower! In other words, they are banned in TAS. How hard its policed is another matter. In some ways it sux here, but in other ways ir rocks!

Someone that was here that lives in kangaroo land was going to try to use a tiny restrictor plate on his engine to limit hp to meet new laws. He hasn't been on in a couple years so I assume it wasn't successful...
Something tells me that over half a 200w engine is used to just spin the clutch and rest of the drivetrain...

Back