Tasmania, Australia Motorised Bicycle Laws

Fintanw

Local time
4:30 AM
Hey, I am curious on what the law in tassie are. I can't find them anywhere online

Hey, I am curious on what the law in tassie are.
I can't find them anywhere online
I searched for:
Tasmania motorized bicycle laws

https://www.transport.tas.gov.au/__...dal_cycles_-_Information_Sheet_-_Dec_2016.pdf

Power-assisted pedal cycles
Cycles that are not considered power-assisted pedal cycles

Bicycles fitted with an internal combustion engine/s that have a power output or combined output greater than 200 watts, such as a lawn mower, chainsaw or brush cutter engine are not considered as a power-assisted pedal cycle and cannot be used on a public space.

Note: The information provided by most of the manufacturers of these lawn mower, chainsaw or brush cutter engines indicates that they far exceed the 200 watt limit. For the purpose of the Vehicle and Traffic Act 1999 these devices are a motor vehicle and require registration and drivers licences for use. The riders need to obtain a specific drivers licence.

These vehicles are required to obey all regulations as a motor bike and other registered motor vehicles

Here in Hungary it should be 300 watts and here I am happily cruising around police. (or was when I had a working bike!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
But the thing that's confusing I'd I called the service shop, they said I can ride it but only in areas 50kmph or less

But the thing that's confusing I'd I called the service shop, they said I can ride it but only in areas 50kmph or less
i mean if its a real shop then you can probably just ride it, then if police stop you act dumb and tell police the legal service shop said you can ride it. you probably will get a warning

Back