Temporary jerry rig advice

Dillon325

Local time
2:48 PM
So, I recently posted about a choke issue where I had to keep the choke 75 percent open to run. After some research and diagnostics, I learned 3 things.
1. I run the engine rich in oil, and need to adjust my needle. (Happening tomorrow morning)
2. I have a slight air leak where the carb attaches to the engine.
3. Stock carbs are veritable garbage, and I need to purchase a higher performance aftermarket carb.

The issue; I cannot justify spending the money on the good zeda carb until mid December. What can I do to patch that air leak without making a royal mess, or should I just use my other road bicycle until next week?

there's nothing wrong with the NT carb. it's simple, reliable, and easy to tune. put some rtv on the spigot if you're having vacuum issues.

rtv on intakes is very much a case of a little dab will do ya, a big gob will screw ya. the stuff degrades in gasoline so you dont want any actually in the hole.

there's nothing wrong with the NT carb. it's simple, reliable, and easy to tune. put some rtv on the spigot if you're having vacuum issues.

rtv on intakes is very much a case of a little dab will do ya, a big gob will screw ya. the stuff degrades in gasoline so you dont want any actually in the hole.

Ok, I have a dumb question. I adjusted the needle to where it has to be. When I disassembled the throttle cable, this piece (the chrome one) popped out before I could see where it belongs. Can you help me out?
What is the proper assembly?

Attachments

• 15121793577541520689129.jpg
    15121793577541520689129.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 1512179515535156088701.jpg
    1512179515535156088701.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 109
It's called a pac man clip, and the order is needle with c clip in da ho, pac man clip on top of c clip, Spring on top of pac man. The pac man clip with the aid of the spring on top of it keeps the needles movement in sync with the slide.

It's called a pac man clip, and the order is needle with c clip in da ho, pac man clip on top of c clip, Spring on top of pac man. The pac man clip with the aid of the spring on top of it keeps the needles movement in sync with the slide.

Thank you, good sir. Now to test and see how the motor acts.

Thank you, good sir. Now to test and see how the motor acts.
Cool hope it works good. butre is right nt's are good carbs. Getting crazy with every hp part that shows up is a trap I fell into. Don't do it. Learn what makes these motors tick, then you can make good educated decisions concerning the parts you buy.

Back