Tent Trailer

K

kenspice

I recently received my GEBE RS 035 kit and mounted it on my new Schwinn Aeromax. It installed quickly, easily and I'm a happy camper. I am a hunter/fisher type and just love this thing. I am looking into ways to bring some light camping equip. with me. I found this site interesting and am wondering if any of you have any experience with these trailers or any other suggestions to make my hunting trips more enjoyable? These are a bit pricey but provide some info in case I decide to build one. I am an o*d F**t (elderly gentleman) and can peddle when I have to but I enjoy going down hill more than up. Would this also be helpful to haul my game out of the woods and back trails? Am I asking too much of this little engine? I am not interested in speed. Are there any super low gears for this kit (Lower than the trail gear)? Maybe a bit bigger spoke ring gear? http://www.tonystrailers.com/nomad/

:cool:If you had retrofitted the STATON gear chain drive with NuVinci hub, you'd have the gearing to literally climb a mountain, not just steep hills. Its 80.7:1 gear ratio is unbeatable, especially compared to what GEBE has to offer.

Top speed would be 24 mph, but you wouldn't want to go that fast with a trailer anyway.

Myron

Thank's for the info Myron but I've dealt with chains before and am partial to belts. Less maintenance and if a spare belt is already threaded through the rear forks and tied out of the way, it takes about 3 minutes to be on your way after a broken belt. Besides, I got what I got. What I have will probably work but I was wondering if there were any other ideas that would make what I have a bit better. Thanks anyway, Ken

:cool:I got it, Ken.

Maybe the STATON box can be retrofitted for belts and pulleys.:eek:

Good luck in the mountains.

Myron

Ken, attaching that trailer to your bike might present problems. Check to see if the hitch will clear your engine. I have a Staton, so I was able to modify my trailer to attach to the engine mount. That might be more difficult on a Gebe (I may be wrong there.). You might want to look for a trailer that hooks on the side near the axle.

Back