Testing out my new go pro

Ok thanks for the info. I don't have a PC Judy my phone and a tablet. I didn't down load or up load to anything. Just went directly to you tube. Had to download a vlc player to watch before I uploaded to YouTube. I will look into that. Thanks so much

that audio issue is most definitely an encoding issue. we have the same camera no doubt. the way i do it is to take the video from my camera onto my PC and then upload it to youtube from there. when u watch in vlc on your tablet or phone do you have that audio issue?

Ya the audio is the same no matter where I watch it. I moved the camera from the bike to my helmet and the noise is better but the audio isn't close to syncing up with the video. I looked for that little man for the slow mo but I don't have that. There are very limited settings on this camera. I'm going to try just swapping out the SD card from the camera to the tablet and try downloading that way.

I use the gopro hero 3 it's older now but works great,all gopro's have an issue with wind noise and there is no way to edit it out according to the experts.Gopro has the gopro app but all that really does is allow you to control the camera via your phone and that doesn't work very well ether LOL.The other issue is that the mic will focus on any prominent mechanical noise if thats what it recognizes first just like many phone cam's and mic's so the only answer really to slove the audio issues is to use a filter our tape over the mic holes so that the exhaust or the intake noise is the loudest thing it hears.Next is yes a helmet mount makes for much steadier video and being further away from mechanical noise helps it focus on the exhaust/intake note,when my son is close to me with the MZ 65 pipe thats all you can hear my bikes sound is gone.

It is definitely not an issue with the camera. I have that same generic 4K Chinese GoPro knockoff camera and I do not have that noise. I had that noise on my previous 8 year old camera before converting the file prior to loading it into my video editor. I think what is happening is somewhere his file is being converted and it is screwing up the audio. He should try to load the raw file into YT and I think this will be fine. There is definitely wind noise with any older tech action camera but in this case it is not wind noise.

Old camera with audio encoding issue (3 mph)

Old camera with converted file (20 mph)

New camera (his camera, 15 mph) raw video uploaded

I tried uploading directly to you tube and the same thing. I tried 720 and no luck either the sound and the video never sync up either. I have tried it with a bunch of different video players and editors as well and the same result. I will try the tape on the mic but really the sound and video not syncing is more annoying. It's Chinese so it's more than possible I got a bad one. I have an older dash cam I'm gonna try and see if it's better. I appreciate your input.

Not to beat it anymore into the ground but when you play the video from the camera itself. The video plays fine?

Back