Texas gulf coast

bumonbeach

Local time
9:38 PM
Looking forward to this forum and my first build. Still resurching and learning,seen so much talent awesome help when needed by experienced builders, truly awesome

Attachments

• 20200109_113138.jpg
    20200109_113138.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 164
Looking forward to this forum and my first build. Still resurching and learning,seen so much talent awesome help when needed by experienced builders, truly awesome
welcome!

the bike looks good so far! what motor you planning on stuffing in there?

also, please do yourself a favor and ether ditch the fenders or reinforce them like i did, as there known to break off and seriously hurt people (first hand experience)

i used 1/4 corner bracing and then drilled out the frenders to match.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/National-Hardware-4-47-50-in-Steel-Zinc-Plated-Corner-Brace/1000415221

20190917_154908.jpg
takes about 10 minutes and prevents a big hospital bill.

Attachments

• 20190917_154916 (1).jpg
    20190917_154916 (1).jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 20190917_172224.jpg
    20190917_172224.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 153
That frame will never work, you better give it to me and I'll give you a nice beat up mountain bike frame.
Just kiddin', welcome to the forums.

welcome to the forum. i hope youre putting a basket on the front to carry the little dog around. like mark said ditch the fenders or reinforce them they can be a death trap.

welcome!

the bike looks good so far! what motor you planning on stuffing in there?

also, please do yourself a favor and ether ditch the fenders or reinforce them like i did, as there known to break off and seriously hurt people (first hand experience)

takes about 10 minutes and prevents a big hospital bill.
You're trying to tell me bicycle fenders aren't prepared for 35mph riding!? https://motoredbikes.com/threads/beware-the-fenders.20496/. Agreed. Luckily I am ordering my accessories with the engine in mind. My rear view mirrors belong on an ATV but they fit my handlebars without issue and this is my 4th or 5th rear view mirror and I think this is the one. Never until this pair did I have any problems adjusting the mirrors because it has a ball and socket joint prepared for this type of driving. Once I have the angle right I can set out on my ride without issues.

HELLO from Texas!!! I think one of the most important things I first learned was that rag joint and all those bolts for the rear sprocket are better fit for the trash. A rear hub adapter or mag wheel(s) are a better idea imo. The rear hub on many bikes(certainly and without a doubt, I am looking at you Huffy) can't handle the torque and the braking(coaster brake) that a motorized engine subjects it to. Oh, and if you do choose mag wheels do not ever use rim brakes with it.

Lastly, everybody will have THEIR best way of managing their bike and some of their ways are wrong. Always look for a second or 5th opinion.

I'm planning on 10 spoke mag seems theres a problem there for disc brakes for the rear so may step down from a bbr stage 4 racing 2 stroke unless just a front disc brake would be enough still gathing info fenders are a goner for sure.

I did a search and found a build called ei diablo,looks like he used cdh power sport adapter for the rear brake amozon has it for 30 bucks hes running a different mag I still need to do some more research on the mags Bob

I won't have the disc brakes for another couple of weeks so keep me updated. I will be installing them on front wheel regardless but I am still curious what sort of braking solution I can use on my back wheel.

Who is or what is Bob?

Back