texas state law

well all they tell me and beg me not to unleash my fast bike they just say if you show up the streat with that one we know where you live
\
just dont pull it out and stay under 40mph please thats all they tell me

i hope you have tried golden eagle bike engines review section. it is a way to get into the wind without coming under state law about being over 49ccs. you are able to go anywhere a wizzer can go plus a gebe is 1200 dollars cheaper gets 3times the mileage and can be lifted with one hand.

new

Hello everyone.

I'm new here and found my way after doing some research on Texas laws for scooters of all kinds. My city and two of my neighbors have banned them and with gas so high I'm trying to find a way to change that. According to my city a motorized scooter is a scooter with a motor not a bicycle. If that is the case then I found no restictions for electric bicycles other then they have to have pedels or they are mopeds. If ya'll are right then the state code ya'll refered to (551) says that a city can't restric electric bicycles from every street so my city ordinence is not correct. After all a scooter has a deck for standing and some even have a seat.

My city and two of my neighbors have banned them and with gas so high I'm trying to find a way to change that.
Your two neighbors?!? What a buncha dweebs.

According to my city a motorized scooter is a scooter with a motor not a bicycle.
Where's the faulty logic here? A motorized bicycle is a bicycle with a motor not a bicycle.

I thought that Texas was very motored biker friendly. Other than getting over 40mph or some crazy speed like that.

If your city has something against motorized bicycles, then you will have to fight them in court when you deal with a cop. Regardless of what the state law is.

hey man whats going on what are you talkeing aboute im turbo the owner of gaijin MB productions and i sell them here in texas well hit me up if you need any help with the city police and all give them a call myself to find out what there problem is just corrected the dmv of austin and now they now the law its just so new to them that they just dont know its there in the books

Back