Texas Titan

When I saw the FedEx truck pull up to my warehouse this morning at 9am I ran out to the parking lot yelling it's here it's here! It was the longest day ever, luckily I had to work my tail off so I didn't have to think about waiting till I got home.
The Texas Titan is the fastest, coolest, smoothest ride ever. I hope mine will be too.
I would have more installed tonight but I have stuff like feeding, bathing and tucking in the kids.
Anyhow, it's going on a bike from walmart with 24 inch wheels and suspension all the way around.
Why 24 you ask. I have some friends who just barely can't ride on 26's and the only thing better than riding a motorbike is riding motorbikes with someone else.
The kit looks simple enough, not too many parts. I'm guessing Duane made most pieces by hand, like welding the sprockets to the jacksaft and PTO.

More to come. Someone else is getting their Titan soon too.:D

Attachments

• Texas Titan.jpg
    Texas Titan.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 512
  • Titan Kit.JPG
    Titan Kit.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 479
  • jack.JPG
    jack.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 446
  • new bike.JPG
    new bike.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 623
  • Clutch.JPG
    Clutch.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 446
Nice bike Scott. You must be amassing a fleet. About your kickstand. I just put one of those center stands on my Trek, and love it. I can look at clearance issues etc with the motor running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Van, I would have 3 but Mr. Toad has coraked, so it's just the Jaguar and Titan, plus my surprise comming up. I thought I never would go with a rack mount because I love the look of the Happy Times and it was mostly for fun. With this I fell like I'm actually conserving gas and having fun. I was stopped by 2 people today and got a big Hook'em horns from some guy in a pick up and zipped by a few of Watauga's finest.
Duane the Throttle cable is just right, I just did it wrong like I did when I hooked up my first HT.
Remember this is a bike with 24inch wheels so it's a smaller bike. But I have a lady friend who's gonna start riding with me. The no clutch handle part is awesome. Turn the throttle and go.

It's really cool to be one of the first to have this model. Duane gets to see all his hard work in action. Great job Duane and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support and patience. I'll bet it's been more than 20 pm's and e-mails all answered.

Is the center stand one of those motorcycle stands or the rear axle stands? My chopper stand hung too low on my Jag and is a mile away from the ground on this bike. I may get one of those rear axle stands.

Thanks Duane

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using...

I am using a rear mounted kick stand. Those are by far the best for a rear mounted motor. Puts the stand right under the motor and is very stable and perfect. If you can not find one, let me know. I will put my feelers out for one and see what I can find. My rear stand came with my bike. I could always call the factory and see if the sell them. Also.. I could not tell by the pictures you had a 24. You should be able to climb any hill with that setup. You may want to consider a 36T for that bike.. Thanks..Enjoy the ride...:D

Does it flip back away from the bike?
Yea you would think that's the best,but I like that center stand. I wonder if the frame stand does a better job. The frame stand has three points of contact. Stand,front and back tire.
Center stand. Two stands and the back OR front tire.

Thanks,

Thanks everyone for all the info and links. I have a motorcycle style that I got for my cruiser but it hung low and hit the ground everytime I turned and I tried it on this bike but if you look at the kick stand bracket or where it is welded, it points forward.

I love bikeworldusa.com, Debbie has been most helpful and I have gotten most of my parts from her and she ships fast.
my LBS has some rear stands, which is probably what I'll do.

Went for a 6 mile ride today with my new speedometer. I love this Titan so much, no vibrations whatsoever, smooth and easy take offs and a smooth ride.
I passed 6 guys standing next to 2 crotch rockets and a hot rod honda car. The looks on their faces was priceless:eek::cool:

Back