thanks motoredbikes.com !!

milkcratemotorer

Local time
1:10 PM
hey everybody, i've been poking around these threads for a couple of months now, and got my bike into almost full service duty here. I live in illinois where these bikes arn't exactly illegal, so my goals for my build were to get me to use my bike and not sweat my a** off, good gas milage, stealth, and of course, not spend much money. i bought 4 small 32cc chainsaw motors off of craigslist, of course they werent all complete, but ive got a whole running motor and plenty of spares, lol, and only spent 40 bucks on them, think ive got about $60 bucks in the whole thing so far, already had the bike. just thought id post some pictures, cause i know they helped me out looking at everybody elses stuff. only got about 4 miles on it so far, so lots left to work out, ill try to keep everybody posted if there interested.

Attachments

• DCFC0075.jpg
    DCFC0075.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 130
  • DCFC0077.jpg
    DCFC0077.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 111
  • DCFC0080.jpg
    DCFC0080.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 120
Hi Milkcrate, welcome to Motoredbikes.
Can I comment on your bike?
Is the crankshaft strong enough to support the roller without an outboard brg.?
Chain saws are real loud and will attract a lot of attention- something you do not want. Can you make or adapt more mufflering to it? How about the intake roar? That can be sound improved too.

yeah, I was debating about putting a bearing in there to save the motor, but in the end, it was far easier just mounting the motor instead of planning in a bearing, since i had three other spares, i plan on putting about 10 to 20 miles a day on it once the weather warms up, so it will kind of be an experiment on longevity for these little motors, before i even put this one on, i noticed some crankshaft walk. i have a few ideas for the muffler, since the muffler this one came with was cracked. one idea was to build a mini flowmaster out of thin sheetmetal, the other was to wield a tee fitting and put on two standard pipe threaded lawnmorer mufflers

How about fxing the crack and welding up a little lid to capture the exhaust, then send it to an external muff? This way you utilize the small compact muff also.

Back