Thats Dax VS Poor Boy Zeda

INTP_ty

Local time
11:23 AM
Hey what do you guys think of these two? Dax with the RT head & HP carb vs the poor boy from Zeda.

With a stock pipe & no reeds, does the HP carb even make any sense? Other than being a hair quieter & probs not lean as much gas.

Damn

The Poor boy comes ported & features a slightly more attractive head.

The zeda will make more power but if you want it in the next month I would look elsewhere.

Right now, for a powerful motor at a good price and quick shipping, the ported PK80s from BMW are the best bet IMO. They have a crazy good deal with all the common mods included for a discount...CNC head, spring case mounted tensioner, set of jets for the speed carb, OZ magneto, NGK wire, etc all for less than the poor boy kit. Real hard to beat. https://bicyclemotorworks.com/product/pk80-ripper-kit-with-upgrades/

I still think the ZMS poor boy will be faster, but it will also take forever to get and honestly its just a heavily ported stock kit...ZMS has some kickass engines but the poor boy isn't one of them IMO. Also, I suspect that Rob is pricing some things high on purpose to actually slow down his sales since they are REALLY backed up. Last night he posted a pic of 10 engines all being done that day...a lot of work for only 2 people.

Oh, also as a benefit the PK80 bottom end can take a G5 sleeve cylinder as a bolt-on and go upgrade to last thousands of miles since thats what they were designed for. The zeda bottom end needs decking, portwork, and piston mods to properly work.

The zeda will make more power but if you want it in the next month I would look elsewhere.

Right now, for a powerful motor at a good price and quick shipping, the ported PK80s from BMW are the best bet IMO. They have a crazy good deal with all the common mods included for a discount...CNC head, spring case mounted tensioner, set of jets for the speed carb, OZ magneto, NGK wire, etc all for less than the poor boy kit. Real hard to beat. https://bicyclemotorworks.com/product/pk80-ripper-kit-with-upgrades/

I still think the ZMS poor boy will be faster, but it will also take forever to get and honestly its just a heavily ported stock kit...ZMS has some kickass engines but the poor boy isn't one of them IMO. Also, I suspect that Rob is pricing some things high on purpose to actually slow down his sales since they are REALLY backed up. Last night he posted a pic of 10 engines all being done that day...a lot of work for only 2 people.

Oh, also as a benefit the PK80 bottom end can take a G5 sleeve cylinder as a bolt-on and go upgrade to last thousands of miles since thats what they were designed for. The zeda bottom end needs decking, portwork, and piston mods to properly work.
I didn't know the g5 would bolt up to a pk80 that's awesome been trying to find out that for a while thank you very much

What is the difference between the Ripper & this advanced race ready motor. Same price.

Different carbs??

Back