That's NOT What I Bought!

FrizzleFried

Local time
3:04 AM
So, I finally get my clutch cage assembly today...

I ordered this:

s-l500.jpg

...and this is what arrived:

CLUTCH1.jpg

Nope...not the same. Now, I could return the damn thing... but then I am back on the waiting-train. I happen to have a spare set of pads like the top... so I'm likely going to just keep the damn thing and use those pads instead.

>sigh<

...now, there is a little bit of play where it attaches to the bearing... I assume that little bit of play is "normal"... right?

Dang I figured you would have got a new style clutch plate with the roller bearing on it. Is the play in your bearings or is it in the clutch shaft. There will be a lil play in it I believe, plus it will have play until the clutch plate is pressed onto shaft & nut torqued to specs.

I'll store those crappy red pads for an "emergency" or something....
I throw those crappy's right into the trash can myself, right behind the Z-4 and Z-8 sparkplugs...The black and white ones are so cheap to buy, I wouldn't even think of keeping those red clay ones at all...I bought those same black and white pads from Amazon in a 60 pack bag from Amazon for only 11 or 12 bucks...lol...Still got 45 pads in the bag...lol...It takes quite a few thousand miles of wear before I ever have had to replace them on past bikes motors although I suspect I may be replacing them more often with a Phantom motor due to the increase power and torque of the P-85.

You can buy the bag of 45 of them for just 7 bucks a bag or the bag of 60 of them for 11 bucks...Two bags of 45 of them would only be 14 bucks and would make more money sense if you want to stockpile them...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I throw those crappy's right into the trash can myself, right behind the Z-4 and Z-8 sparkplugs...The black and white ones are so cheap to buy, I wouldn't even think of keeping those red clay ones at all...I bought those same black and white pads from Amazon in a 60 pack bag from Amazon for only 11 or 12 bucks...lol...Still got 45 pads in the bag...lol...It takes quite a few thousand miles of wear before I ever have had to replace them on past bikes motors although I suspect I may be replacing them more often with a Phantom motor due to the increase power and torque of the P-85.

You can buy the bag of 45 of them for just 7 bucks a bag or the bag of 60 of them for 11 bucks...Two bags of 45 of them would only be 14 bucks and would make more money sense if you want to stockpile them...lol.

That's them kicking kangaroo clutch pads.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
There is also the green clutch pads, I've never ran them, but I think they are decent too. I'm not sure if anyone on forum is running the green pads or not. It seems to me somebody said they hold pretty good.

Screenshot_20230214-105620_Chrome.jpg

Back