Thatsdax.com

darwin

Local time
8:43 AM
I t seems a lot of folks are getting the shaft from the huge vendors out there and it's happening a lot lately. I've seen Thatsdax.com hardly ever mentioned at all. He's got a good selection of parts and prices are fair too. Why not give him a shot, he answers the ph and does what he says. Parts for HT's and 142f's. Motors are pricey but they're not junk at all. Can't fault a vendor over prices that's up to each individual to decide. Anyways keep him in mind, he's been around a long time......…...not a paid endorsement just another option for folks.

Ya! I have had good luck with him, good guy to talk to ............Curt

Duane has never screwed me over! The best China Girl engine I ever got I got from thatsdax 6 years ago and after more than 2000 miles it's still running awesome today, it tested at 195 psi compression test and the motor sprocket has almost no drag, it seems to spin endlessly. I've never seen another China girl like it.

LOL Yes seems people like to save with cheep kits and spend three time as much to get them going. I bought a GXH50 and he helped me with the throttle cable hookups, and parts. Would of been better to just by his engine. Guys on the other forum like what they have gotten and are happy, .........Curt

LOL Yes seems people like to save with cheep kits and spend three time as much to get them going. I bought a GXH50 and he helped me with the throttle cable hookups, and parts. Would of been better to just by his engine. Guys on the other forum like what they have gotten and are happy, .........Curt
Well, you know how it is with engines, there is some luck in how good it will be or what problems it will have. But I gotta respect a man who answers his own phone, he is very reasonable to work with and that means alot to me. It's not like Gasbike who won't even answer e-mails. I've gotten a few bottom ends from him and an engine for my friend as well as several parts orders and he always sends it out quickly and if he makes a mistake he will make good. I've got nothing but good things to say about Dax.

Well, you know how it is with engines, there is some luck in how good it will be or what problems it will have. But I gotta respect a man who answers his own phone, he is very reasonable to work with and that means alot to me. It's not like Gasbike who won't even answer e-mails. I've gotten a few bottom ends from him and an engine for my friend as well as several parts orders and he always sends it out quickly and if he makes a mistake he will make good. I've got nothing but good things to say about Dax.

So true............Curt

Wat?

Stock compression is around 90-100 psi. Aftermarket heads get it up to 140 psi. I have never heard of compression as high as 195 psi. How do you even crank it over?
Stock comp is not 90-100 psi,at that comp I'd be looking for what's wrong.Most of the better late model engines have 165-175 psi average and most aftermarket heads don't really raise comp unless you get a fred head with a chamber under 6cc's.

Stock comp is not 90-100 psi,at that comp I'd be looking for what's wrong.Most of the better late model engines have 165-175 psi average and most aftermarket heads don't really raise comp unless you get a fred head with a chamber under 6cc's.

Really? I've always heard normal was around 100 psi. I guess it was pounded into my head over the years by Jaguar Who did a lot of research on compression on theses engines. I did a compression test once on my old bike that had a 6cc fred head and it cranked at around 140-150 psi. I have a 6cc "jake's diamond head" now and have no clue what it is.

Really? I've always heard normal was around 100 psi. I guess it was pounded into my head over the years by Jaguar Who did a lot of research on compression on theses engines. I did a compression test once on my old bike that had a 6cc fred head and it cranked at around 140-150 psi. I have a 6cc "jake's diamond head" now and have no clue what it is.
When I first read Jag's page and saw his 130 psi recommendation I was a little suprised but he's since upped it to 140 after discussion on here,even at 140 I've received stock late model engine's way above this and can't see anyone reducing comp and losing power to meet this recommendation.I find I get much more usable bottom and midrange torque at around 185 and still able to get alot of milage (years)out of it.That Jake's head is nice and there's where the biggest difference is in that it has a much better chamber design as does Fred's this allows the use of the higher comp properly controling the burn and end gasses witch in turn stop's the excessive wear and heat from damaging the treated cyclinder surface.I've been setting up tuning and building these Chinese engines 15 years now and various other 2t's for just over 40 years now and still love playing with and learning what these things can do,I've done so much real world testing from mild to wild that I'm pretty confident in saying that these higher ratio engines are fine.

Back