thatsdax friction rider :-(

sway2revolt

Local time
10:16 PM
I just got a thatsdax friction kit about a month ago and the engine just seized up! A week before this I was riding along and the gas tank fell off. The mount for the gas tank I assume broke from the heat of the engine. Also the cheap plastic throttle handle bar grip broke after my second day of riding it. :-( On top of the fact that their product is bogus Their customer service is even worst every time I call about their supposed warranty I get their voice mail. Despite the numerous messages I have left I have yet to receive a call back. The guy Duane I think his name is told me it would take 3 weeks to ship the engine to me but it took almost 2 months. Sorry for the laundry list of complaints but I really had a horrible experience with these guys and just wanna give everyone out there a heads up.

It sounds like if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all. Welcome to MBc and thanks for the info.

Thats very unfortunate, maybe this should be moved to a different place like product reviews? Welcome to MBc!

Flies, Honey & Vinegar.......

When strangers walk into my garage, doesn't bother saying 'Hello' and starts *****ing..... I turn them around & send them down the road.

If this guy returns & says 'Hi'..... I might give him a "Welcome".

Not surprising that Dax doesn't want to talk to him.

Amen, Dave. I have heard nothing but great stuff from dax. I guess he didn't know what he was doing and had little experience with these kits and didn't do something right. Now he wants to blame it on Dax. Thats my 2 cents.

If it's any consolation, I've experienced a similar situation with That's Dax. Engine seized up, gas tank mount recently broke (I attributed this to hitting a bump and a full gas tank), and less than stellar communication on the engine warranty issue. Everything support wise was great prior to the sale and during setup, though. Just frustrating warranty issues.

Details at my blog: http://davidbuildsamotoredbike.wordpress.com/.

Back