ThatsDax motor chain gets jammed

• Thread starter Keepthedrivetommy
  • Start date
You may find a loose spot where you can just get the master link on.
But then upon turning the wheel the chain gets tighter. This would happen because the rear sprocket is not true.
This is common and not a big worry in itself, but, never run a chain tight, run it a little loose rather than a little tight.
You may still need a half link. When the chain has some mileage on it, the half link could be removed and saved.

ya, still couldnt do anything
1968_IMG_7403_1.jpg

1968_IMG_7402_1.jpg

1968_IMG_7410_1.jpg

You removed more than one link.....can you move the rear wheel forward? If all else fails, get a second master link.

I had to remove the two because the master link only goes into the link that I took out on the right because it has the tube thing inside, where as the two parts on the left are only held together by those rods. What would moving the rear wheel forward do? dont you want to move it backwards so it stretches out the chain? Cause I did that, moving it backward as much as it would

heres what id do..
add a few more links back in
move the chain tensioner closer to the rear sprocket, put the tension wheel about a quarter up from bottom of bracket
add / remove links till chain fits.
push the tensioner up to half way while rolling the bike back and forth,
ride it a few times then adjust it to tighter position,

i had a similar problem, my hcna kept coming off too, i found the chain the hardest bit to get right, dont let it beat you.

so getting a half link which will make the chain tighter than it was before, but not too tight will then fix the problem of the chain jamming in the drive-chain sprocket? Lets hope this works. I'll go tomorrow to get one.

Keepthedrivetommy said:
I took one link off and now it is too short!!! what the f#@k do I do now. he masterlink doesnt reach the other end. And what is deflection?

Take off the tensioner, move the entire wheel forwards, then move it back and tighten it after the chain is connected.

JosephGarcia said:
Keepthedrivetommy said:
I took one link off and now it is too short!!! what the f#@k do I do now. he masterlink doesnt reach the other end. And what is deflection?

Take off the tensioner, move the entire wheel forwards, then move it back and tighten it after the chain is connected.

look at his drop-outs...the wheel shouldn't move.
my advice.....take the chain off the rear sprocket. connect the master link...then start the chain on the bottom (return) side of your sprocket...pull in the clutch & turn the pedal (by hand .. have someone hold the rear of your bike off the ground...or do it with the bike upside-down, if you haven't put fuel in the tank) until your chain is in place. don't force it too hard...the chain will be tight, but they tend to stretch.
once you get your bike upright, watch for spots where the chain might rub your frame. if it's too tight or the chain rubs your frame...put a pair of links back in & move your tensioner toward the rear of your bike.

good luck

Back