Thatsdax Titan XC 50cc

Sorry to jump in here guys, but Dax what you are implying here comes very close to vendor bashing. We don't want to get to that point. I respect you and your business and I would expect you to respect the other business that deals with belts. Please ease up a bit. Thank You.

Thank You!...i just sold my first gebe redmax bike motor with over 5K on the belt. still looks like new.

Vendor Bashing?

What Vendors did I mention? And Which ones were bashed? or nearly bashed? lol. I simply stated what I know and document. It is great that you have 5,000 miles on your belt. I have more than that on one of mine. But I have had belts get damaged and go even sooner. Personal experience. When it comes to performance, you can not beat a chain. Period. If this fact is bashing, then tough. But it is a fact. You do not have to look far to see or learn this fact. Drag bikes, GP bikes, Super bikes, ect ect ect. They all use Chain Drive. Not belts for final drive. Ask the racers why that is.. Not me. So.. I guess the racers are Bashing too. Yikes !!!

There's NO absolutes in this world so everything is a compromise....do your homework & choose what u think best..............live with it. :)

I think gear and driveshaft is far superior to both chain and belt as far as maintenance and durability. But cost and complexity would make it very difficult to put on a bike.

I agree Sir

True.. I like them also. My V65 Sabre, K75, and Turbo Seca run Shaft. They do take a lot of HP away from the rear wheel. But they are super low maint and very clean. The thing I hate about chains is the mess. You lube them and then the lube is all over the wheel. I have solved this problem by using Chain wax. It is sticky and does not sling all over the place. Good Stuff indeed. A shaft is not a good idea for small HP engine because of the HP loss due to centripetal forces intrinsic to shaft drive. Also not good for racing also because of HP loss. Racers use all the HP they can get to the rear wheel. But.. For Street applications, Shaft is very good. I love my shafties !!! Clean and mean. But..Not on my Bike.. I love Chain on my Bike !! Enjoy the ride..

Update on my Titan:
My throttle cable let go thanks to my overenthusiastic daughter at the throttle so I salvaged the clutch cable nut from MOOP and gave MOOP an electrical ground nut that works great.
That's about it.
Twice this week I had to pick up some special order meds for my Host Home guy so that's another 112 miles added to my 300 or so miles then another 50 miles from the other two days...I can safety say I'm at or near the 500 mile mark.
Oh the bike actually had some minor issues. My rear fender screw that attaches the fender by the kick stand let go so the ride today was met with some rattling. I fixed it on the side of the road with a Zip Tie,then later I just used a piece of twine wire whatever you call it and pliered it tight. Then I noticed that my springer nut where it pivots is missing. I replaced that.
I think my engine is about broken in,for my ride up today I still had a 1/4 tank,more than in my video.
And I'm also thinking it's time to baby my engine with that MOBLE 1 six dollar a quart synthetic. It's good for like 5 or so oil changes that one quart anyway. I mean this engine takes very little oil.
I took off the gear box too just to have a look see. Everything looks great.
I actually can't wait to go back to Duane's house for those springs.
Just waiting for gas money to get here (it's a 45 minute drive).
I would totally ride up and save some serious cash but I have my host home client.
I wished I had a side car.....next project!
I'm seriously thinking about buying another Titan. Maybe down the road when I get some money again. And a Happy Time for a bike build to sell.
I want to build and sell bikes locally now so I can have some money in my pockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about getting a nice enclosed bicycle trailer large? Some of them could definitely seat an adult comfortably and give you some nice cargo room. Only downside is that you'd have to install a larger wheel sprocket for more torque and towing capacity OR pedal some more to take some strain off that poor lil titan. You could use a long length of that high temp rubber tubing connected with a pipe clamp to the muffler and all the way to the back of the trailer with some heavy duty zip-ties to spare your passenger the exhaust fumes and noise. Now that would be bad arse.

But what would people think I have a developmentally disabled man in a bike trailer lol!!

I just had a revelation. This is a mod,yo.

A Titan MOD!

View attachment 6719

Take a good look at Scott's pic. Notice how the top gear is held on by a c clip.
Now,let's say you get a 12 tooth sprocket on there. On Scotts bike,you can keep that 44t 24 inch rim and get speed and can climb hills when you switch back to the 10 tooth.
Now in your tool pouch,have the 12 tooth with the right sized chain pre cut.
You can switch this out on the side of the road. Remove the c clip with c clip pliers you can find everywhere,swap out the 10 to the 12. Adding a link to a chain adds two places for your sprocket teeth if you will. The 12 with the added link chain should fit right up with no chain adjusting.
For added coolness clip the spare chain ring to your keys! Then when you swap out your gears,switch the chain!

Duane,What do you think? Is this possible? Would a 12 tooth have to be made,or is this readily available?
Would a 12 add a great deal of difference?

On Cronus I may do the 48 tooth switch to the rear,then add the 12 tooth to get the same gearing I think. Then with the 10 I get better speeds up the big hills. Or keep the 44 and when I switch to the 12 I get more speed!
Imagine a 12 to a 36 tooth.....woah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Large:
It sounds workable,giving your system more versatility.
I just can't remember seeing a 12 tooth sprocket out there....doesn't mean one doesn't exist though,or can't be made.
Duane?

Back