The 20$ v twin

mark20

Welp, heres the story.
I was delivering a push lawn mower i had for sale (we had agreed on 60$) and when i got to the house the lady tried haggling me down to 30$ then 40$ and she stayed put at that. I was pretty fed up at that point and was ready to leave. But that's when i saw this beauty!
so i told her I'd do 40$ if i get the motor. And well, here we are!!

It looks to be a 600-750cc kawaski v twin. (Says k-3 MADE IN USA on the valve cover) Haven't tried starting it yet, but it turns over freely. Its a vertical shaft, so im going to have to do some magic to make it a horizontal. Shaft is unfortunately cut, looks like the guy was lazy and just used a angle grinder.

But so far so good! I think i came out on top. Figured worse things worse i could get a 100$ in parts.

Attachments

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Hmmm, will it fit on a cruiser bike?
Maybe on a trike!
Mount it securely in the rear, with working throttle lever.
Then have a 35cc engine mounted on the front tire.
Rap that V-twin and pull away with the small engine.

mark20

Hmmm, might have me a new project, judt need to find a huffy cruiser and then ill have a "huffy davidson" 😆

darwin

WOW if worse comes to worse seems just the aluminum could get your money back plus some.

mark20

WOW if worse comes to worse seems just the aluminum could get your money back plus some.
Yup! I figured the carb is worth atleast 20$
But knowing me if i cant get it running ill make it a sweet display piece!

Wrench

I looked up Kohler V twins I thought It was a Kohler cause it says Made in USA and the 727cc seem to look just like it
Do Kawasaki Valve covers say Made in USA?

Last edited:

mark20

I looked up Kohler V twins I thought It was a Kohler cause it says Made in USA and the 674 and 747cc seem to look just like it
Kawasaki Valve covers say Made in USA?
it's stamped on nearly everything
on the heads, case, carb, and starter. Looks to be of quality, as I could bearly lift the thing on my workbench. Im thinking i might fix the shaft on it and either sell it (probably could fetch a few 100$ if I get it running) or make it a horizontal and use it for something (bike, lawnmower, possibly a kickass pressure washer, mud motor etc.)

Lots of ideas in the air, im leaning on selling it and possibly get a predator 670. Since that motor would be more of use to me.