The best way to mount a belt wheel on the rear wheel for belt drive?

combo

Local time
7:41 AM
I am putting a rack mounted lawn mower engine on a bicycle which I want to be belt driven from the motor.

I can see on ebay you can get belt kits from taiwan from that whizzer replica company and they clamp on to the spokes as seen in the picture below...

DSCI0713.jpg

But I do not like this at all nor trust its reliability over a long period of time and do not want to lose hours to adjusting spokes and aligning the wheel in the center or run the risk of hitting a large bump bending the spokes and ruining the rig. I dunno, I guess I just dont trust this, especially after the troubles with the sprocket on my unreliable 66cc engine kit.

So I recently found out the old board track racers did it this way. Can anyone comment whether this way is better and requiring less often adjustment? Also, a moment of silence please for the sight of such a gorgeous bike.

15.jpg

Where do you get the belt wheels that bolt onto the rim? Anyone have experience with them?

What should I do?

Does anyone have a belt wheel that grips on their spokes and can tell me how reliable it has been?

Back