The "BEST" wheels for Motorized bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
why get mad Assiejester? Dont hate!

Sorry to offend you dude. I started this thread to show an alternative mounting to the sprocket on the spoke method.

What this thread is discussing is Teny rims driving motorized bicycles.

Sorry to hear about your wheelchair dude, but with your personality, and attitude whoever beat you into that chair probably felt that you deserved it.

Dont come around with all that heroic **** about how you blew up rims, and got crippled for life. Nobody cares about you. Or your wheelchair. You probably got yourself into it by being careless with your mouth. Next thread you'll be talking about how it happened in Nam! LOL!

Dont take it out on me because you hate your wheelchair wheels. THATS why you like spokes! You hate your wheel chair!

Read the first post of mine, does it not say for best motorized bikes? Now here you come trying to dis me with all this wack **** about jumping off cliff doing stunts and stuff.

How the h*ll you doing all that from a wheel chair!? HMMMM??

Sorry to offend you dude. I started this thread to show an alternative mounting to the sprocket on the spoke method.

What this thread is discussing is Teny rims driving motorized bicycles.

Sorry to hear about your wheelchair dude, but with your personality, and attitude whoever beat you into that chair probably felt that you deserved it.

Dont come around with all that heroic **** about how you blew up rims, and got crippled for life. Nobody cares about you. Or your wheelchair. You probably got yourself into it by being careless with your mouth. Next thread you'll be talking about how it happened in Nam! LOL!

Dont take it out on me because you hate your wheelchair wheels. THATS why you like spokes! You hate your wheel chair!

Read the first post of mine, does it not say for best motorized bikes? Now here you come trying to dis me with all this wack **** about jumping off cliff doing stunts and stuff.

How the h*ll you doing all that from a wheel chair!? HMMMM??

for what it is worth... it is contributions like the op that make this site so good for all of us. Variety is always best... I say good find.

Hey Guys, Shake Hands And Lets Start Over, We Need You Both. I`m 70 And Don`t Get Angry Anymore, Just Feel Sad Sometimes. Have Been Curious About Mag Rims. Am Over 300 Lbs, So Wheels Are A Worry For Me. Later Ron

Dang, I was going to jump my bike kit over the house into the swimming pool

Ok, not really. I have wondered if anybody has built a motorised BMX for jumping though.

Your Teny wheels look really cool. How is the runout and true on them? (do they wobble?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k83E3CCPr5Y
40+ foot gap over spike fence into swimming pool!

"Oh yeah, Teny Wheel Co. does recommend that you do not do any dumb stunts on these wheels. So these aren't for kids."

Nah, we dont worry about that all that silly crashing stuff in America. Thats for sissys. Besids, whats a little road rash every now and then? It'll make a man out of you.

I'm pretty sure Teny rims are not exploding all of a sudden, throwing innocent hapless victims to their doom anywhere on planet Earth at the moment....So you'll be safe.:unsure:

Gee, dont sweat the small stuff dude. They're only $165 a set.

If it ever breaks, they have a lifetime warranty.

I guess you didn't believe the part about me putting hundreds of miles on the things. Neither set has failed me in four years of hard riding.

We go with what works, not whats cute. They're not out of your reach!

Oh yeah, Teny Wheel Co. does recommend that you do not do any dumb stunts on these wheels. So these aren't for kids.

aussie... you need to calm down and quit with the personal insults before you get banned. I would delete all the negative comments before TOM or another admin sees it...

anybody know how to true them?

the question is when you hit something hard (and you will) how do realign them? There was a urban legend that if you put your Tuff wheels in the freezer
overnight they would straiten them selves out. I don't think that would work for these wheels.

I have worked on bikes for close to thirty years and I have seen nothing that matches the strength, lightness and durability of a spoked wheel. The wheels I built for my motor bicycle have the same hub with the six bolt flange so I could mount a kings 36 tooth drive sprocket and I have had good luck so far. I know that my motor produces much more power than I ever did, but I think that I could still get by with these hundred plus year old design contraptions.

Mike The Bike Guy.:cool:

I agree that spoked wheels are the best for wheelchairs because they can be adjusted, dished, or trued as needed. The problem is that almost always they are straight laced because of the danger of breaking fingers that miss the hand holds.

I agree that butted spoked wheels in a conventional cross pattern are the best bike wheels. But I went with heavy straight guage spokes for my motor bicycle, just for simplicity (bought a wheel for 35$ ready to go, instead of having to research odd spoke sizes to get butted heavy spokes in lengths for a 26" wheel. The sprocket hits or torques on the spokes at the crosses anyway, so I don't want a thinner surface there.

I really like mag wheels, but the fact that most don't have replaceable or trueable components, makes them undesireable to me. I used to have some SPin tri-spoke 26" aero ATB wheels, and I LOVED them. They were true enough to be happy, and very durable (except the freehub body; aluminum!! poo! ) I sold them for about what I paid and went back to conventional wheels, because they were lighter. Wish I had them now though for a cool cruiser bike or 26" bmx!

The Original Poster seems to be offering or describing a mag wheelset that mates up readily to engine kit sprockets and conventional freewheels. This sounds really nice. I plan to find out more about them, but probably wouldn't purchase for a long time, since i can get spoke wheels for less. Maybe I'll buy someone's pull-off parts later though.

Flattracker..as a newbie, ragging on members that have been here a while is not good.............Aussie..quit eating so much of that Kangaroo meat..makes you mean and crazy..The Turtle needs you here in case they ban HT motors in the US..I don't know anything about E-Bikes..I have 200yards of extension cord and I don't want to buy any more....Oh yea..I do love wheels with spokes on bikes and motorcycles..and I hate anything made out of plastic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back