The bike trailer hitch Scott M. made me!

E

eltatertoto

remember my trailer thread? well scott saw it and thought of a great idea for a hitch, and made it for me! i have not put it on yet, but i did bend one of my own bolts around it. scott provided me with 2, but i had an extra, in my toolbox, and bent it around my sissy bar. may i add, i just used an old seat post as a lever, no torch, (i dont own one) i did a vid of the hitch, and it is at my youtube (see in my sig) and pending youtube procesing, it is already uploaded. thanks again scott!, and when i recover from my killer well it aint a cold, its like a mutant cold lol ill put it on the trailer. i cant thank ya enough scott!:D

S

Scottm

Very cool tater. I hope it works. You did a good job of adapting, which I figured would have to happen. The only possible problem I see with the "hook" is that when you slow or come to a stop, the trailer will still be moving forward, thus un-hooking it self from the sissy bar. That's why the hose clamp might have gone bad from the jerk starts and the push stops.

E

eltatertoto

actually, i squished it in the vice after i put it on, so it wont come off, but ill just have to put it back in to remove it.

E

eltatertoto

its more of a bent u than a hook, so it looks like a hook, but in reality the sissy bar wont fit through, you would have to pinch the sissy bar to remove it as it stands.

E

eltatertoto

thanks van, i think im gonna tough it, cause i REALLY want to put this on! lol

E

eltatertoto

update

i put the mount on, and tested it, and it works wonders! no more hose clamp poking me in the butt :D so thats a definate upside. and i got the cam all tied up, and mounted, and then i realised i left the cam on overnight.... thats like the biggest bummer, cause 2 day was like the only day 4 2 weeks where its over 32 and not snow covered, but i guess when my car comes ill have somthing to do lol.