The BIKES and Illness

allen

Local time
7:49 PM
Like all groups there are those who are or have not been well ,medically.. When in recovery and looking for an outlet,Lets discount basket weaving...There is a beauty of the bikes,one can sit on a stool and perform most of the work required,if you wish to go on the motor you can hold in one hand,Nothing on the whole project cannot be basically picked up by a child, therein ls the allure,because when completed this THING can put you back in control of something that is quite literally lethal,meaning you can push the envelope and regain a lot of the s**t lost thru Illness... Wind in the hair the prospect of injury and all those things lost some time back when... I know of no other pursuit that costs so little for so much satisfaction... Age is not the same barrier as in other groups and you are sure enough not going to pick up Chicks in this game, so the common denominator becomes a lot narrower... I have read posts with some interest of some of the members and their medical probs, they do not wear it as a badge but you read thru the posts ,and in small ways it is revealed, sometimes in some posts it is brought out big time. As with all groups support beats the s**t out of derision the great thing is there is lot more support than the other. I recently read thru a series of posts that prompted me to put in my 2cents worth... I am 78 and like a lot of others cancer was the thing(notice I said was) I started with a Bowel resection,do not need that bit get rid of it, then liver they cut a section of that away too,last year prostate ,I had enough of operations and opted for 7 weeks every day radiation, 100klm from home.. there it is my issues ,that do not slow me down one little bit Prompted me to build my latest Ride, radiation left the rear end a bit ord ,I thought it might go straight thru as there was already a hole there,but alas NO. So here a couple of pics ,Note the big comfy seat,unable to use a saddle anymore,the ride stays upright.. This is not an attention getter I am way past that but lets look after our fellow members with support where possible,a word or 2 on a keyboard without being to nosey makes a difference.. Enjoy the Posts please keep them coming... Stay Safe, Allen

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 191
Back